ZF 100mm Makro $929

Wow, that's about half of the new price. Oh wait, not a ZF.2, so only a pretty good deal, not quite a ridiculous deal.

I just picked up a refurbished ZF.2 for about $300 more than that. Looking forward to putting in some time with it...

-Ray

You got a good price too:) I paid my ZF one more then that from Adorama couple years ago. ZF is more then enough for mirrorless... I like mine but I don't use it that often due to size... Enjoy yours...

Wow, that's about half of the new price. Oh wait, not a ZF.2, so only a pretty good deal, not quite a ridiculous deal.

I just picked up a refurbished ZF.2 for about $300 more than that. Looking forward to putting in some time with it...

-Ray

You got a good price too:) I paid my ZF one more then that from Adorama couple years ago. ZF is more then enough for mirrorless... I like mine but I don't use it that often due to size... Enjoy yours...
ZF and ZF.2 are optically identical, but the ZF doesn't communicate anything to the camera, so you have to use the non-CPU settings and remember to change those settings to the right lens every time you use it. I have a couple of old AI lenses I have to use that way, but they're not lenses I do a lot of shooting with, so I don't mind too much. I initially had a ZF version of the 25mm f2.8, which is my most uses lens, and found it to be enough of a hassle that I sold it and paid a couple hundred upgrade cost and bought a used ZF.2, which I find a LOT easier to deal with for a use that gets so much mileage. And, after that experience, I'd be pretty unlikely to buy a ZF version of a Zeiss lens again.

That said, if it's for a Sony A7 series, or some other mirrorless camera, I doubt the CPU communication would do anything anyway, so there'd be no reason to spend extra for the ZF.2...

-Ray

For Canon, you can add a cpu chip to the lens or to the adapters so anything with aperture ring works manually... I haven't used the Nikon as Canon registration distance makes it more adaptable for third party lenses. I have 35mm pre AI lens, like it a lot but not used much.

I used the ZF 100mm lens with m43 also, 2x turns the lens to 1:1 macro with good mfd esp for bugs, etc.

That said, if it's for a Sony A7 series, or some other mirrorless camera, I doubt the CPU communication would do anything anyway, so there'd be no reason to spend extra for the ZF.2...
-Ray

Back