Fuji Zeiss Touit firmware update

Yep, it's terrific. It them only 9 months to support faster CDAF, and 6 months to support PDAF. Still no word on LMO support. The Touits are now at the same firmware level as Fuji's XC entry-level lenses.

There is absolutely NO objective evidence to support your claim. It may be right -- but you're tripping if you think it's decided, lol.

You're doing your rah-rah Fuji cheerleader thing again...

I am voicing my opinion based on me testing both lenses next to each other. If you think that discrediting my opinion by getting personal and insulting, be my guest.

Btw, the 12mm is built by Fujinon, too. Just like the zoom.

Please post examples or links to expert comparisons that could convincingly suggest that the Touit is optically better than the zoom at 12mm. Until then, I am afraid I have to rely on my own experiences. If you think that I am not entitled to share my experience, please report my posts in order to have them removed as inappropriate.

I am voicing my opinion based on me testing both lenses next to each other. If you think that discrediting my opinion by getting personal and insulting, be my guest.

Btw, the 12mm is built by Fujinon, too. Just like the zoom.

Please post examples or links to expert comparisons that could convincingly suggest that the Touit is optically better than the zoom at 12mm. Until then, I am afraid I have to rely on my own experiences. If you think that I am not entitled to share my experience, please report my posts in order to have them removed as inappropriate.

It's just fun to poke the bear sometimes, lol. You can be a bit biased. Keep in mind, I shoot Fuji too and love the system -- but you DID state it like it was a fact, not like it was your opinion. I actually respect you for your work, but that was not objective.

Don't be insulted, you should know by now how I am. ;)

It's just fun to poke the bear sometimes, lol. You can be a bit biased. Keep in mind, I shoot Fuji too and love the system -- but you DID state it like it was a fact, not like it was your opinion.

My opinion is backed up by facts, as I already took the liberty to post a few comparison shots in my First Look. The problem with the Touit lens is its decreasing optical performance when it is stopped down. Obviously, stopping down is quite common with such focal lengths. Rarely would one use such a lens wide open all the time, but even then the OIS of the Fujinon zoom will compensate at least 2 stops.

The 12mm Touit would clearly benefit from LMO support. Sadly, this feature isn't available.

Back