Leica Your new to you Leica IIIf

Watching my box as my first Leica is now, as I write this, proceeding over hill and dale winding it's way to me. The ad states "all works well, but the slow speeds. 1 sec. and 1/2 sec..are supposed to be off some. Still don't know if this will be a major impediment as they remain unused on my Canon ltm bottom loaders. I love the look of the Luigi reddish-brown 1/2 cases but they just cost cost too much. Maybe a case from one of my "P" 's will work. Hard to wait maybe the postal person will start at the other end of the route!

Congratulations on the IIIf- a true classic.

For cases: I picked up an original case for the Leica IIIf for "cheap". If you want a half case- just cut off the top.

Thanks Brian for the tip.No 1/2 case yet but did add some bells and whistles. Mr. Zhou helped out with a soft wrist strap in black. A Braum Universal-Sucher will aid my eyes when it comes to finding a view. I have an old Sonnar 1:1,5 f=5cm to fill that large whole in the front. Being worried about the hot bright sun here in Fl. a silver lens shade mounted to an old Walz sonnar 85C filter should help solfed things a bit. Oh yes, dropped in some old 400 film gleaned from the resale store . The morning awaits! This surely is a pretty thing. Only took ten years of foot dragging to break down my resolve and spring for the cash!

After an extensive search of the web I find no cheep 1/2 cases for my iiif. I ordered the dollar insert to reduce the tripod mount from the 3/8 screw size to 1/4 it's speeding it's way to me so in 2 or 3 months it due. Really with the old stitching ("a little may be missing) buying the Mr.Z the Hong Kong guy is about the best shot. Maybe later next month. For now I'll have to shoot her neck-id!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back