Your favourite 3 shots from 2012

Chris2500dk

Top Veteran
Every year, this is an interesting thread ... perhaps what we like best of our own work rarely agrees with what others might feel?

According to Lightroom, my 2012 catalogue contains over 9000 photos ... even allowing for dupes and stacks, I expect that's 5000 or so ... on Flickr, over 1800 this year ... how do I pick just three?

anyway, here are 3 I am very pleased with. Interesting to me that I don't see myself as a "people" snapper, yet my three favourites all contain Yumans ...

I put up three m43 shots on the MU-43 site, so these are three non-m43 shots over here. Tomorrow I might pick three totally different shots, but these are the ones that caught my eye today, all with the X-Pro...

My wife with our new little grand niece - I love the light in this room in my sister's house:

8217424415_0d9af7da90_b.jpg

One from Central Park:

View attachment 63866

And one action/panning shot from an evening bike race in my town:

View attachment 63867

-Ray

Maybe not my 3 favorite, but 3 I'm pretty happy with overall (though there are things I would do differently.... getting EVERYTHING right always seems to be a struggle for me.....maybe this will be the year I mature as a photographer)
View attachment 63868
Looking Down (not Yosemite) Alley (with apologies to Albert Bierstadt) by Lukinosity, on Flickr
View attachment 63869
autumn rain by Lukinosity, on Flickr
and a creepy little Halloween Photoshop....
View attachment 63870
calling it a dark side is a bit of an understatement by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Yikes! What's the story behind that devil-dog shot?

I tried to do a super-cute shallow DOF shot, then converted to b/w. Then added a red glow to the eyes and red dripping blood with the the online PicMonkey processing for fun for Halloween. I should look for the original shot so you see he's really a sweet dog and not a blood hungry devil spawn.

Hey All,

Luke the first image is phenomenal! The only issue I have is the dog is confusing - looking forward or back? Some brightening of that area would help. I don't know if you have ever heard of new topographics or look at the photograper work featured on the new landscapes website New landscapes - click me but I will say I really like that kind of photography and the first image is right there.

-Ed-.

Having already posted a few of my 2012 favorites from my system camera on the Mu43 site I tried to find some of my favorites taken with my compacts last year (P7700 and S100). A little less choice in my case but I managed to find a few I rather like.

aa1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

aa2.jpg

aa3.jpg

If I'm going to do this, I'll do it now knowing that in an hour or two my choice might well be different.

1060172.jpg

P1050755.jpg

1050061.jpg

These are actually all photographs that evoke memories in one form or another, either of memorable days out or in one case memories going back over 50 years.

Barrie

Back