Olympus XZ-1 image thread

6422029281_ff103b5ff4_b.jpg

XZ-1 RAW processed in SilkyPix, I *really* love the smooth bokeh and superb IQ

The biggest problem I find with this camera is that it causes dyslexia in some folks by calling it a ZX-1 instead of an XZ-1. :rofl:
The acronyms for all of these cameras become a bit much, but I keep telling myself that it's good for my brain to remember them. Some people do crossword puzzles.;)

Lili your cat does have gorgeous eyes!

Thanks BB, will let Trippy know how much praise she has got. Could she but speak her answer would be "Thank you, no feed/pet/snuggle me!"!

6578799395_ba26bd0629_z.jpg

Nobbys Wild by kyte50, on Flickr

getting a head start on SIJ. I've just become so enamoured of this camera :)

Nobbys was pretty wild today, but it looks much wilder and more colourful in the post processing. I've rediscovered many of the processing adjustments I had become lazy about, using CEP and the like, and am tending to only use inbuilt PS stuff these days. This is the result of playing with shadows and highlights in advanced mode, and at the last doing auto-tone which gave the sand its colour. Its actually more brown-gold than red, but I like the way this turned out.

6578799395_ba26bd0629_z.jpg

Nobbys Wild by kyte50, on Flickr

getting a head start on SIJ. I've just become so enamoured of this camera :)

Nobbys was pretty wild today, but it looks much wilder and more colourful in the post processing. I've rediscovered many of the processing adjustments I had become lazy about, using CEP and the like, and am tending to only use inbuilt PS stuff these days. This is the result of playing with shadows and highlights in advanced mode, and at the last doing auto-tone which gave the sand its colour. Its actually more brown-gold than red, but I like the way this turned out.

Oooohw what a lovely shot! CEP?

Resurrecting an old thread here with my newly acquired XZ-1. I'm really impressed with this little camera so far. I was goofing around with some Cactus Triggers and a Canon 430 EX II off-camera the other day and shot this for a thread on Rangefinder Forum:

8363306594_02243807b7_b.jpg

Really loving this camera. I don't mind the slightly larger size as compared to some of the other cameras in it's class. The color from this camera really is something unique. It definitely has that "Olympus" look. I'd love to see some of you guys update this thread at some point. Interested to see if there are any other XZ-1's still kicking around out there.

My refurbished XZ1 just arrived yesterday and I played around with it taking my pet shots as always for test shots. Though I own an RX100 I'm just impressed by the quality of the JPEGS it truly retains that unique Olympus colors.
P4110487.jpg
P4110484.jpg

Same here :)

And while we are at it, can somebody of you XZ owners tell me something? I believe that in manual mode the ring around lens controls the aperture and spinning the control wheel on the back controls the shutter speed. As supposedly one can customize a lot Oly cameras, can you invert the two in M mode and control the shutter speed with lens ring? On my Nikon D70 I can choose which dial controls what in M mode, and I think I've read you can do the same on Fuji X10. But here?

Back