Olympus XZ-1 image thread

Jono, once again great images. I like the French Bee glass and of course I Have to like the Converse LOL! Are these Oly colours ? I'll be going to Ascot on Saturday (big rain forecast :( and the only thing I don't have is a pocketable camera. I think the Fuji will be too heavy, the X1 with VF, too bulky, ditto the Ricoh GXR and of course the K5 is out of the question although it is the only one vaguely weatherproof! I feel a new search coming on..........

BB, I have a totally useless bag (purse!). It will only take a lipstick and credit card so nowhere to put the camera if/when it rains! I don't have any little cam bags that would fit any of my current cameras. When the rains comes, as it has all of this morning, nobody will be waiting to hold a brolly over me whilst I fiddle about taking pictures :rolleyes:

Good luck and Shooting Christi!
5841295073_643832e6d2_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here in Texas we have no such rain :(

Christina - have a great time at Ascot - I hope you'll be in the Middleton set rather than the tattooed brawling set (on the radio this morning they talked about a punch up between a group of drunken people including a celebrity call girl!).
I hope the weather holds up!

Lili - we don't seem to be having any rain either - just the grey weather and the chilly wind. That's a grand and sultry shot though - it feels hot.

However, last night it was sunny, and I managed to get out just before sunset:

Here are some from last night:

here comes the Auricula!
P6160107.jpg

. . . and the first wild raspberry on the fen
P6160133.jpg

Fen and sky
P6160137.jpg

The water's low in the wier
P6160139.jpg

Christine if your going in the Royal enclosure the Leica would be the choice cam: your description of your Bag/purse reminds me of the clutch bags of my younger years!
Lipstick credit card and what about the mobile? It strikes me the only serious compact that might fulfill your needs is the tiny Canon S95 which both small and does a remarkable job picture-wise.
Have been watching Ascot this week lost a couple quid on one horse already but will look out for you on the TV...enjoy: hope the rain keeps off:rolleyes:

Well thank you - would you like to take my prototype M9 to the Royal Enclosure?:hail:
Have yourself a grand time anyway - I'll be mowing the lawn in the rain brrrrrr.

Jono, you surely live in one heck of a beautiful place. Your third one has stolen my heart.

HI there
We're very lucky - but it's sometimes a disappointment to visitors, as it really is pretty flat - and you need a good sky to set it off. Redgrave Fen is really lovely - you get there from our house (which is on the south side) by walking across a pony paddock, over the fence in the corner, through the woods, and you're there . . . . with stung legs and multiple mosquito bites!

all the best

Jono, ghosthunter, and the rest of you... following this thread has me nearly convinced to go Olympus again. I haven't owned one since I had a compact compact in the form of a Stylus1020 (aka mju1020) and wish I had never sold it. Today, I went to a local camera shop and played with both the E-PL1, and the XZ-1, and I think I've decided to stick with compacts as opposed to mirrorless.

You photographs are wonderful, the camera is quite obviously very capable in a variety of situations, and after handling one today, have pretty much decided to sell most of my others (I'll keep the GRD) and get one.

Ghosthunter... Mr Bobblehead is magnificent!

Andy - excellent Bobblehead - Briar, your feet are spectacular :)

Christina - while you've been swanning it at Ascot, Emma and I wen't out for a hack on Sam and Honey:

Well
My Olympus will mainly be used for a horse camera - apart from a rather unfortunate and accidental video, it worked well on it's first outing today.

Here are a few samples - all shot RAW and processed in photoshop

P6190160.jpg

P6190150.jpg

P6190159.jpg

. . . . in case you're wondering, Yes, we DID get wet!

Andy - the birds are great . .. .but at a car festival?

Lili - bleak indeed - we inhabit such different places.

Here are a couple from this morning - my were they irritated and hissing, but a couple of quick snaps seemed to be vital:

P6210172.jpg

P6210170.jpg

all the best

Back