Fuji XT-10 EYE SENSOR not working

Clive Clive

Name
c
I really hope you can advise. My wonderful Fuji XT10 is about 2 yrs old. Recently there seems to be a problem with the EYE SENSOR, as follows:

I choose EYE SENSOR using the VIEW MODE button. It only works once after turning the camera on i.e. LCD goes off and EVF comes on. But after that, the EVF stays on and LCD stays off. The only way to remedy this is to turn camera off and back on. It also comes back on after camera goes into sleep mode.

By the way, I do have the firmware 1.21 installed.

This is a really useful feature. Is there something I can do?

Thank you in advance

This is a really useful feature. Is there something I can do?

Contact Fujifilm's service department to have the camera repaired. I'm sure you have already tried the usual RESET to no avail, so I don't see much else that you could do.

I'm sure you know that there 2 eye sensor modes, one with LCD/EVF and one with EVF only. So we are talking about the regular mode, not the EVF+eye sensor mode.

Contact Fujifilm's service department to have the camera repaired. I'm sure you have already tried the usual RESET to no avail, so I don't see much else that you could do.

I'm sure you know that there 2 eye sensor modes, one with LCD/EVF and one with EVF only. So we are talking about the regular mode, not the EVF+eye sensor mode.
Hello and thank you for your reply. Yes I did the reset and it is the regular mode. I called Fuji tech people and he said straight away that it required a repair at standard rate of £130. A bit frustrating given its only 2 yrs old. But thank you again for your reply. Clive

Yep, a tiny little dark red window, a few mm by a few mm. It's what detects your face (and or anything else solid) that gets close to the eye port, and switches over.

Back