Fuji XQ1 arrived today and...

^ Quite right
as I see it is the XF1 replacement - which had the X10 sensor without viewfinder
so the Q is the same X20 sensor without viewfinder

both the XF1 & XQ1 having similar lenses & not the same lens as the X10 / X20

Having said that I'm quite impressed by the image quality being posted - lovely skin tones on the portrait

...and in sensor terms it is most similar to the X20. In all seriousness I think it is misleading to keep referring to it as "...similar to the new X-E2" when by most reasonable measures it isn't, and that isn't a parallel drawn by Fuji themselves in their own marketing literature.

I disagree 100%. My judgement is based on having used both cameras for 5 weeks, not on any marketing literature (which I haven't read, I have to admit, so I don't know what Fuji is claiming this time).

Vow:) I really like Fuji colors esp Rico's photos, but it looks overpriced for the sensor size, eg my old favorite 1/1.7" Fuji F31 was priced approx. half of XQ1 and now used RX100 prices are hitting below $400...

XQ1 seems to be the most pocketable camera I've ever seen!! I was doing a CameraSize.com comparison, and this is the top view of the XQ1!

Compact Camera Meter

The price went down $50. Ordered one today. I have the F200EXR which I like a lot. I'm hoping the XQ1 screen is viewable in bright sun.

Doug

Don't have any of their small cameras, but from the Q-menu, if it has it, turn up the screen brightness to +5. It works well on my X-E1 and X-M1. Steps up the power drain though so turn it down when you're done.

Back