Fuji XF1 Arrived Today And...

The XF1 should be quite a little capable camera, especially using it as a 6 mp camera. I have fond memories of the X10. It'll be interesting to shoot at 25mm instead of 28mm though. When using a point and shoot, I just tend to shoot at the widest (and fastest) end.

I see a lot of use at those small, intimate home parties (or at a bar) where even an X100 would be large and out of place. But unsheathe your XF1 and :)

Major gas is going on, I thought Armando will be buying a XM1, maybe next:)

I always use aki-asahi covers, eg on Olympus e-p's, Sony RX1/RX100. If you want more colors for XF1:

http://aki-asahi.com/store/html/XF-1/Leather/XF1_LeatherKit.php

I had the Aki Asahi skin and half case for my EP2. They are very high quality!

I'm resisting the XM1. I just remembered that buying a XM1 would result in TONS more $ on additional lenses as well! So buying fixed lens cameras are safer.

Helpful advice needed

I notice I get less detail on reds off my F660 especially on flowers / petals - sort of blown out smudge is the best description

could someone take photos with the XF1 / X10 of a red flower for comparison please

Any hints how to compensate on camera controls settings?

Hi ReD,
I have trouble with almost every camera I have ever owned regarding blowing out the red channel when shooting red flowers. I don't know what the right solution is. I usually shoot RAW and then desaturate the red channel in post. Some cameras allow adjustment of saturation in JPEG settings, but I don't know about the Fuji. I'll shoot some for you when mine arrives.

I'm resisting the XM1. I just remembered that buying a XM1 would result in TONS more $ on additional lenses as well! So buying fixed lens cameras are safer.

So true! That's why I went for an XF1 now and will probably go for the X100s. I can't afford to build a yet another system. I still have both my Pentax DSLR kit and my micro four-thirds kit. I have to begin unloading some of this stuff soon. :redface:

Okay here's one wish for the XF2 or whatever,
I wish you could get some type of power going while in stand-by so you view your images without having the lens element exposed....

Back