Fuji XF1 Arrived Today And...

It would be interesting to see examples in the EXR D range priority - all the way up the scale of the same photo

I have 400 - 3200 in D range mode on the F660

Regardless of quality SOOC I always get better jpeg after a tweak (optimisation in the finepix editor)

I'll see what I can do for getting an expanded D-range shot.
As far the SOOC was concerned, I usually shoot in RAW & post-process, this shot was just for fun & to see what the camera could do. :)

I didn't like the feeling or controls of the RX100ii. I may be one of the only folks who felt this, however that was my reaction as soon as I opened up the box. I have succumbed to the feeding frenzy here at this great price on Amazon. My basic black 007 FujiXF1 is en route thanks to Luke's affiliate link, and I promise to report back on my own take. I'll know pretty quickly if I think I made the right decision, for me. Fingers crossed!

I'm not sure what Rico/flysurfer would think of this review, however I found it quite helpful: Fujifilm XF1 Review Perhaps some of you will, too.

BB, that's how I feel about the RX100ii. And too pricey. Sony needs more competition on the 1" sensor point and shoot category.

I have a brown XF1 on the way. I asked the missus to pick the color given that this is "her" camera. Red was the first color to be eliminated. She chose brown over black because it was more "unique."

:rofl:

Luke, I want a photo of the two together. Maybe you can put some black tape on your flask?

P.S. Oops, RT - I'd missed your post. So great minds think alike, eh? I can't go quite as far as ordering a second camera, though.;)

I will say that I bought the Fuji Soft Fitted case...for $45. It reminded me of my former Leica case for my Panasonic LX5.;)

:rofl:

Luke, I want a photo of the two together. Maybe you can put some black tape on your flask?

P.S. Oops, RT - I'd missed your post. So great minds think alike, eh? I can't go quite as far as ordering a second camera, though.;)

I will say that I bought the Fuji Soft Fitted case...for $45. It reminded me of my former Leica case for my Panasonic LX5.;)

It's so ridiculous that the black fitted case is $45, but the brown and red ones are $22. Supply and demand I suppose.

I hadn't even noticed!! I would gladly by the brown one - maybe I can switch it?:idea:

P.S. Nope it's $49 in brown and $46 for red. So strange!

Oopst. I guess the price difference is only in the binocular case. Sorry for the heartburn I gave you BB!

I also picked up a couple of Wasabi batteries given that my dad has the X10 and the extra batteries that go with it.

Back