Fuji XF1 Arrived Today And...

It sure is a tiny thing - perfect for the glove compartment! :)

Sure is. I've hemmed and hawwed about the X10 and X20 for some time. And I've never really considered the XF1 because of the slower lens and lack of any viewfinder. But now they're $299 on Amazon.com, which is pretty cheap. I'm tempted. I have been finally considering the Sony RX100 now that the Mark I can be had for under $600. But it's still twice as much money as the XF1. And I don't mind the XF1's lens mechanism.

I was considering an X20 but a glove compartment sized camera for $299 USD (got mine through Crutchfield) with a "bigger sensor" was irresistible. :)

The official Fuji leather case came today.
Man this thing is small! I can fit the camera & case easily into my front & back jeans pockets! Considering the size of the sensor, this is way cool! :cool:

Nah, got the black one....If they had a brown, there's a good chance that I might have got that one - tough call between black & brown :)

I just went out for a bit & I'm still tickled to death at just how easy this thing fit in my jeans pocket with it in its' case & yet was totally non-bothersome. I own an XZ-1 and it's not the same with that camera. Can't speak for the Canon s110 or Panasonic LF10 though. But this thing enjoys the same sensor that's in the X10/X20 :)

This is going to bring a new meaning to taking pictures with family & friends when you don't want to have that huge or fancy distracting camera around. :)

No shots yet of case - give me a bit...:redface:

The X20 has a X-trans sensor that is similar to the APS-C cameras. Although a smaller version of course. I'm 99% sure the XF1 has the same sensor as the X10, and hopefully minus the orb issues. The orb issue never bothered me on my X10. I never even noticed them until people started complaining.

Back