Leica X2 does Italy

Two More in Rome

I don't own a Leica X2, but I have taken some photos in Italy. Since no one else has been adding photos or comments to this thread for a while, I hope it's alright that I add two photos I took in Italy with a different camera. I took these two in Rome with a Zeiss Ikon camera and a Zeiss Biogon f/2 35mm ZM lens. I used Kodak Portra VC 160 film.

russelljtdyer-07072013-leicaplace-rome-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love those trees. They lined the roads from Rome to the vast reaches of the Roman Empire two thousand years ago. They provided shade to troops marching the roads and a clear view of anyone approaching.

russelljtdyer-07072013-leicaplace-rome-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The woman in the foreground is a friend of mine from Moscow. She's sitting in front of the Colosseum.

My upcoming trip to Germany and Austria should yield many images, but they will probably be shot with my Canon 6D. Probably will bring just the 6D and Sony RX100 and leave the Leicas and primes at home. Its an anniversary, not photography trip.

I used to travel to Germany and Austria in past years. Both places are wonderful. Bavaria is strategically located, with easy access to several neighboring countries. I usually visit Strassburg and Innsbruck when driving to Austria. The trip from Austria (over the Alps) to the northern part of Italy (or, South Tyrol) is awesome.

Back