X100s Image thread

Didn't know if an X100 was allowed in an X100S thread.
Thanks.

I'm not a fan of selective color either. Nor was I a fan of hand tinting with film. This picture worked well in color and as a black and white conversion and I was trying to learn something new when I did it as selective.

Oh, I misunderstood - I thought you were saying that you'd be run off for posting a selective color photo. If there isn't an X100 image thread, go ahead and start one. There are certainly others here using the X100.

Picture of the Buchaille in Glencoe, Scotland taken at the weekend & developed in lightroom.
The forum seems to apply some extra sharpening to the image so please click on the image to view it.

View attachment 3650

Attachments

• 20140419-DSCF0957.jpg
    20140419-DSCF0957.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 258
I'm hoping not to be drummed out of the Forum over this. This was shot with an X100. Converted in SEFX pro and modified with the slective color controls. The leaf is the exact color that it is in the image.
test-X3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's the color version:

color-X3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As far as I'm concerned you can post as many X100 photos in here as you want. I do like your black and white with the color leaf version very much, just so you know, Paul. We probably have an X100 thread but really, it doesn't matter.

Great photographs you guys, I really am going to get back to using my real cameras soon!

Late to the party, but very glad I showed up.

Finally bought myself an X100S. I love a good 35mm equivalent lens, and I love the output I'm seeing from you guys (special shoutout to Eric Arthur). So, I bought one from a local Fuji shooter a week and a half ago and—man, oh man!—this camera is sweet. Fuji's white balance, fill flash, jpeg engine, and skin tones are no joke. Same for the 23mm lens. All fantastic. X100S isn't perfect, as you all know (topic for another thread, though), but I love it nonetheless.

Here are a few snapshots from the last 10 days.

qade6yva.jpg

de7evuju.jpg

6uhe9uvy.jpg

ebygy8ym.jpg

uzu8edu8.jpg

(Cross-posted from mu-43. Just trying to spread the Fuji love. :) )

Late to the party, but very glad I showed up.

Welcome - we're happy to have you! I especially like the shot of the belted dress in the coffee shop and the banana shot of the little girl. I purchased the X100S as a fairly discrete, carry everywhere camera (primarily for photos of my daughter) and have found it excels in exactly the types of scenarios you've used it in here. Nice work and keep sharing!

Back