Fuji X100 owners, are you getting the X100s?

Just got a used X100 with a RRS L bracket for $600.00 on Craigslist. I'm sticking with it!

Shown here with my RRS BH25 ballhead and Gitzo 0 Series Mountaineer tripod.

IMG_9909.jpg

Kinda like going from a Pentax K-30 to a K-5 IIs...

:tongue:

Nice catch Chris, but I've been thinking about it and I don't think I'll be replacing the K-30. If I get the K-5iis, it will be to have 2 K mount bodies so I can cut down on lens swapping. So, in essence, I'm replacing the X100s with a K-5iis! Am I the first to replace the X100s with something? What do I win?

Nice catch Chris, but I've been thinking about it and I don't think I'll be replacing the K-30. If I get the K-5iis, it will be to have 2 K mount bodies so I can cut down on lens swapping. So, in essence, I'm replacing the X100s with a K-5iis! Am I the first to replace the X100s with something? What do I win?

LOL! And I've been considering another K mount body also. Not the K5iiS (I wish) but possibly the K-30 although I would also be happy enough with another K200D.

Files from the K5iiS simply look awesome. In my eyes, better than any Fuji X. Just need to remodel the camera into a sexy looking RF, and it'll sell like hotcakes.

Just received my X100 today, conscious decision as to me the specs and the colours of the X100 was what I liked,
I got it at a good price including case, non original but never mind, anyway I could not afford the X100s, so now I just have to learn to get the best out of it.

Erik

Please note the Sony NEX 6 was returned, please substitute Fuji X100, :)

After much deliberation and disappointment with the XTrans sensor in the X20 , I bought an X100s this afternoon for an upcoming trip.

My key requirement is great resolution. After some test firings along with my X100 , the increase in resolution seems real enough to justify the purchase.
I don't recognise any other meaningful benefits in the new camera at this early stage.
Sure it's a bit faster but for the kind of use I will put it to , the old X100 was fast enough.

Bottom line for me seems to be that the upgrade might be worth it as the Fuji finally matches old my Leica X1 but is much nicer to use.

If you shoot jpegs only I suspect that the old Bayer Sensor may be better as I've already seen smearing in darkly lit foliage and I've NR set to -2.
Still think XTrans is basically one noisy sensor.

XTrans is a noisy sensor? To my eyes, it seems to control noise pretty well, but at the expense of sharpness. Hence, I prefer the files from the X100 over X100S. But operationally, the X100S is much better than the X100.

After much deliberation and disappointment with the XTrans sensor in the X20 , I bought an X100s this afternoon for an upcoming trip.

My key requirement is great resolution. After some test firings along with my X100 , the increase in resolution seems real enough to justify the purchase.
I don't recognise any other meaningful benefits in the new camera at this early stage.
Sure it's a bit faster but for the kind of use I will put it to , the old X100 was fast enough.

Bottom line for me seems to be that the upgrade might be worth it as the Fuji finally matches old my Leica X1 but is much nicer to use.

If you shoot jpegs only I suspect that the old Bayer Sensor may be better as I've already seen smearing in darkly lit foliage and I've NR set to -2.

Noisy? NOISY? I had my heart set on buying an X-20 but I'm not going to if its noisy. (No intention to get the X100S, happy with my X100 as is)

The noise issue with the XTrans sensor is odd and Popular Photography Magazine in the US mentions it in their recent test.

My experience is that , even at ISO 6400 , the noise isn't troublesome on the X100S and the new camera is simply the best low light camera I've ever owned.
Perhaps it's just nicer noise ; any way it's not significant for me.

I did toy with the idea of getting another X20 as I'd just read Amateur Photographer Magazine's rave review but then kicked myself into reality having owned and rejected the camera.
Some reviews are just wrong and the two mentioned in this thread seem to be prime examples.
If ever Fuji get around to improving the X20 jpeg engine I'll grab one as it's a joy to use as a RAW only camera.

Ahhh.. I forgot totally about Fuji and the smearies. I thought (because the JPGs from the X100 are so good) that they must have addressed the issue. In fact the few shots I got from the F770EXR (and its predecessor in my house, the F550EXR) were pretty much smeary free... I could probably cope with the X-20 by only doing RAW and/or not using high ISO, which I try to avoid in any case, regardless of how high the ISO is capable of going, in any given camera.

Yes, well, maybe, but not for a year or two when the price drops into the $600-$800 range. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my X100, quirks and all. Of course, 12-24 months down the line, I'll have to resist the allure of whatever other tasty morsels Fuji has to offer at that point.

At this time i have neither an x100 or x100s. But would like to by 02/2014. That would give me a few months time training to use it for my intended use - hopefully hiking 1/3 of the Camino de Santiago in Spain. A mix of city scapes, tiny hamlet views, 1000 year old architecture, Roman roads, views that go on forever, narrow passages and a broad mix of fellow pilgrims. Sure I could bring my beloved G12 (probably a better choice??) but the camino photos taken with the x100's makes my heart go all a flutter. And by 2014 the price on both/used should be down into a more comfortable range. And maybe by then I'll have a job. So in 8-9 months when something else comes out, think of me when you want to sell your x100 or x100s!!

I now officially love the X100S as my old X100 sits idly under my desk.
Even though the lens has similar foibles , the speed,resolution and high ISO performance are remarkable.
This is the only camera where I've bought an extended 4 year warranty ; I'm that sure of its future in my kit bag.
Here are 3 shots illustrating the improvement in resolution and still those Fuji colours.

9151180029_9b1db2211e_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

9150638909_9ebe6c372f_o.jpg

9153437192_de8bd9f7c0_o.jpg

Finally I understand why this has been compared to a Leica.

Back