Fuji X10 Pictures

JMHO:
The X10 is more of an artistic camera than a technical camera. It's doesn't look that great on spec sheets and defies pixel peeping, but it can produce really striking images. It's quirky to use but is still a very satisfying camera. The turnover rate for digital cameras doesn't lend itself to producing "classic cameras" the way film did, but the X10 is one I would say is a digital classic.

JMHO:
The X10 is more of an artistic camera than a technical camera. It's doesn't look that great on spec sheets and defies pixel peeping, but it can produce really striking images. It's quirky to use but is still a very satisfying camera.

Amen to that!
Not one of my favorite photographers is known for mere technical aspects of his work (sharpness/resolution, razor thin DOF, ...) and most of my all time favorite images could have been captured with an X10 without losing any of their essence and impact whatsoever. Nothing against 50MP, creamy bokeh, ISO500000 or any other technological aspects and advances and their advantages for some genres, but regarding most of my personal documentary stuff - if I can't use my X10 for a specific shot (and a decent moderatly sized print) more often than not it's probably not worth taking the shot at all. YMMV.

Last edited:
DSCF6014-LR-1k2.jpg

Granny (93) doing her business. She never liked being photographed but these days she simply ignores me.

Lawrence A. mentioned that he is restless so he neighborhood walked. I'm restless too. Two weeks from right now and I'll be in the air on my way to northern Spain to hike again for a couple of weeks. Last trip there I traveled with my X100s. Knowing I'd be going back I sold the X100s and got the XT1 and then the X10. I have to make a decision!!! XT1 for it's waterproof body, great kit lens, auto-macro mode... X10 for it's portability? So Sunday (X10) and yesterday (XT1) I did quick duplicate neighborhood hikes and took duplicate photos just using Auto mode and Provia to make things simple. Couldn't control the sunlight though. Or the fact that I had a few on the XT1 stuck in manual focus... But as fun as the X10 is, the weighty XT1 is my winner. My favorite photos of the 2 day shoot, X10 first and XT1 second ->
25941334345_27995a9a0f_c.jpg

25967206685_cf0a57dd48_c.jpg

Lawrence A. mentioned that he is restless so he neighborhood walked. I'm restless too. Two weeks from right now and I'll be in the air on my way to northern Spain to hike again for a couple of weeks. Last trip there I traveled with my X100s. Knowing I'd be going back I sold the X100s and got the XT1 and then the X10. I have to make a decision!!! XT1 for it's waterproof body, great kit lens, auto-macro mode... X10 for it's portability? So Sunday (X10) and yesterday (XT1) I did quick duplicate neighborhood hikes and took duplicate photos just using Auto mode and Provia to make things simple. Couldn't control the sunlight though. Or the fact that I had a few on the XT1 stuck in manual focus... But as fun as the X10 is, the weighty XT1 is my winner. My favorite photos of the 2 day shoot, X10 first and XT1 second ->
25941334345_27995a9a0f_c.jpg

25967206685_cf0a57dd48_c.jpg

The X-T1 is a terrific choice and it should serve you well on your trek.

Last edited:
When I got the X10 it really was meant as a stop gap camera but the more I have used it the less I use my "more serious" cameras. It has gotten to the point where I have considered selling off my NEX and E-M10 and all my adapted lenses and just keeping the X10. It's not that I think the X10 is superior, lets face it a smaller sensor camera has its limitations but I find that I enjoy using the X10 a lot more that I enjoy using any of the other combinations I have had (including the Fuji X-E1 and 35/1.4).

The why of it is harder to pin down. I am in the same camp as @drd1135 in that I see the X10 as more an artistic tool than a camera with great specs (which it clearly does not have). For me it's fun, convenient and produces images that have a very appealing quality to them. Of course I am not meaning this in any way as a criticism of anyones choice. I think whatever camera speaks to you and helps you make great images is the right one for you. Whether it's because of features you want or need or something as small as the way it fits on your hand, what you choose to make images with is entirely up to you and for me the X10 is increasingly the only camera I want when I go out.

25593240481_b6955d83f0_b.jpg

I'm still working
by kevin dixey, on Flickr

Last edited:
The X-T1 is a terrific camera and it should serve you well on your trek.
Couldn't agree more.

XT1 for it's waterproof body, great kit lens, auto-macro mode... X10 for it's portability?
I've got the X-Pro1 and some fine glass for it but use the kit lens for almost everything most of the time; it's that great. I've been on a shooting trip today and took the NEX-7 with some manual glass and the X-Pro1 with the kit lens glued to it and didn't miss any of my primes on the Fuji (there was enough light and I had everything else covered with the NEX).
If there's some space left in your luggage why not take the X10 as a backup camera and use it for some casual or candid shots? I've used mine for landscapes in a pinch and wouldn't hesitate to use it in some low-light situations either.

DSCF4564-new-1k2.jpg

10km away from my cave - X10

Couldn't agree more.

I've got the X-Pro1 and some fine glass for it but use the kit lens for almost everything most of the time; it's that great. I've been on a shooting trip today and took the NEX-7 with some manual glass and the X-Pro1 with the kit lens glued to it and didn't miss any of my primes on the Fuji (there was enough light and I had everything else covered with the NEX).
If there's some space left in your luggage why not take the X10 as a backup camera and use it for some casual or candid shots? I've used mine for landscapes in a pinch and wouldn't hesitate to use it in some low-light situations either.

View attachment 26925

10km away from my cave - X10

That image is a knockout!

Your cave?

Thank you, Kevin. Unfortunately not, my cave is down here in a quiet side alley with a wonderful neighborhood, 70m from the ocean. The cave above is just 10km across the bay (to the left). Keeping my fingers crossed for your upcoming trip to Spain.

View attachment 26934

That looks wonderful, must be distracting though to have a huge yellow arrow attached to the top of your building like that. Convenient but odd. :rofl:

What's the population?

If I had and X10 and were taking a trip, I'd definitely pack it, for backup if for nothing else, though I expect I'd use it a lot, as I did my Stylus 1 in Laos. It's so small, it takes no room at all to include it.

Convenient but odd. :rofl:
Like my man cave, lol.

What's the population?
Officially somewhere around 380000; 23000 in 'La Isleta' alone (the upper third in the image) but they must have included dogs, seagulls and pigeons. Another funny number are more than 10 million passengers/year but I rarely see any tourists where I live - maybe because some guidebooks actually warn against visiting there, lol.

Back