Fuji X-T2 Quick Menu, quickset not working

J Craig

With everything else working magnificently on my X-t2, I have to go into the menu/Button Settings/Etc. to configure my Quick Menu because going into the Quick Menu / selecting the item I want to change / pressing Menu/Ok simply closes the Menu and takes me back to the shooting screen. Sure, not a big deal, but everything I read says this is supposed to work. Any suggestions?

If you are talking about the operation of the Q button options then there is no need to press thr OK/Menu button again just scroll to the option you wish to change and use the rear dial to change the value and the press the OK button to set the selection, doing this will then leave the Q system ready to take a picture!
Hope that makes sense?

No problems whatsoever changing settings. and changing what is in the menu works great when I go the long way into menus to Button dial settings. The only thing that will not work properly (any more - it did for a good while) is the quick change method of changing of what is in there by pressing quick menu / selecting what I want to replace and pressing Menu/Ok to get into the selection – it simply closes our menus now and goes to view screen. Not much of a problem, I'm all set up, but it does seem odd.

X-T2 has a Quick Menu button top/right of the back screen – with a little "Q" identifying it. It's configurable as to what is in there in the regular menus. Instructions say you can do a quick/configure by selecting the item you want to replace and hit Menu/Ok and it will bring up the selection. Im having to go into the menus, work my way to the selections and do it there.

X-T2 has a Quick Menu button top/right of the back screen – with a little "Q" identifying it. It's configurable as to what is in there in the regular menus. Instructions say you can do a quick/configure by selecting the item you want to replace and hit Menu/Ok and it will bring up the selection. Im having to go into the menus, work my way to the selections and do it there.

That is the Q button menu, press and hold Q for a few seconds and then press OK/menu to see the options, you have to press the Q button for a while! It would seem you are not pressing Q for long enough!

Phew

Last edited:
Thank you!! I recently went from canon 6D to this and find myself in a whole new world - haven't looked at the settings since I originally set it up but finally decided what I need in the Quick Menu and what not. Next to figure out how to set up a menu configuration for the settings you have to change for shooting without lens (an adapted) I have one, Canon 500mm f8 mirror and I need to be able to get it up and working faster than fiddling with all the settings. Thanks again.

Back