Fuji X-M1 and new lenses samples

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
I managed to leave the house for about two hours this afternoon to shoot some samples with the X-M1 and the two new lenses. Obviously, it's all pre-production and the weather was rather dull, but hey, the new JPEG engine did a pretty decent job.

It's all SOOC JPEGs w/o any post-processing (not even cropping or rotating): Fujifilm X-M1 Samples - a set on Flickr

Wow, it sure doesn't look like they cut any corners optically on that 16-50! That "DSCF0506" shot of the tree trunk at 50mm looks super sharp and really nice smooth bokeh too.

Could you at all comment on focus speed? To me, that was the downside to the XE1 w/the 35. Focus speed and not locking focus. Would like to hear if the new body and new lenses have improved on that.

Even if it's pre-production I can see trademark Fuji X sensor and lens rendering and sharpness on the SOOC images, I guess this can be expected as it's a similar sensor and the lenses are on a similar spec as their previous ones, the only major difference will be how the camera will handle as it targeted for a specific market and a slightly different way of shooting (lcd only).

What are your thoughts on the way it handles Rico?

Could you at all comment on focus speed? To me, that was the downside to the XE1 w/the 35. Focus speed and not locking focus. Would like to hear if the new body and new lenses have improved on that.

Hey Bill - there's a firmware update on July. That might do it for you. ;-)

Sent from my iPad

No problem with the X-E1 and Triggertrap or any RR-80 or Canon-compatible radio trigger, but the X-M1 and its new RR-90 port are a quite different story. Hopefully, somebody will offer an adapter.

I have added several portrait shots the Flickr set, mostly using the new Face Detection option of the X-M1. The samples are SOOC JPEGs (built-in RAW converter) with Provia film simulation. I used both of the two new lenses at maximum aperture.

Flysurfer

Many thanks for your write-up. I have three questions:-

1. Will all of the newer lenses (released with x-M1) work on the x-Pro1 and x-E1?

2. Will all of the earlier lenses (released with x-Pro1 and x-E1) work with the x-M1?

3. If the answer is "Yes" to either Q1 or Q2, are there any limitations in function?

T.I.A.

Back