Fuji X-E2 sample images

Wow. Looking at the 50-230 images, Fuji made another amazing piece of glass...even in their low end zoom. Those look to be every bit as sharp as the 55-200 (which I think is an absolutely brilliant zoom lens...as sharp as my Canon L zooms from my DSLR days)...very impressive for a low cost lens. And again: beautiful bokeh. One of the best things about the Fuji lens lineup (and really one of the driving reasons I've slowly moved more and more to Fuji as my primary from m4/3) is that the lenses all draw very similarly. Good contrast, great resolution, but a gorgeous fade to out of focus. The 27 is the only one with a harsher bokeh signature, and that's expected from the super slim pancake design.

Here's what I'm talking about. It's not bad, it's just not quite as creamy delicious as most of the other XF lenses. Note the green rings in the trees.

chloe_school3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

or this:

homeless_river.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Speaking of images, have a weird problem. Don't think it's mentioned in Rico's X-E1 book. For some reason my new X-E2 is unable to format two of my SDHC 32 GB Class10 memory cards. One is a Lexar 64GB and the other a Sandisk 32 GB. To be on the safe side, I returned the cards back to the store. Since I did successfully format a couple of other 32 GB Class 10 cards so maybe it is a card issue. But questions remain. These are brand new cards. So do I have a defective X-E2 which every once a while acts up? Or firmware issues maybe?

Back