WOW... Not something you see everyday....

Mal

Veteran
So there I was, sitting in our Conservatory after a days photography in the 'field' so to speak... I'd just taken the SD card out of my camera and copied it to my laptop... to look at the un-edited images of the day...

View attachment 40957
View attachment 40958
View attachment 40959
View attachment 40960
When I hear a bit of a commotion in the garden... I look up to see a Sparrowhawk over our pond as it glides towards the open door of the Conservatory... I'm thinking Wow look at that it will pull up in a second... but it flies straight into the Conservatory and bangs into the opposite window.... well as my camera is to hand... cant miss an oportunity like this....;)

View attachment 40961
View attachment 40962
View attachment 40963

Managed to get the double doors fully open then it flew out and away... The adrenalin is still pumping... so I'll go and edit all the images now... and look at the movie clip... :D

We've seen a lot of sparrowhawks in our garden, but never this close !! Nice story and pictures !

Here's my Sparrowhawk collection, sorry no SeriousCompact, but my Nikon DSLR

5489665158_8d7048827b.jpg

4028311597_896ba229de.jpg

hehehe ... Sue, perhaps it was, but if you've ever seen one of these beauties break a woodpigeon's back and then tear it to pieces, you'll know it can generally look after itself ...
Magnificent birds but I have one that kills in my garden regularly and she thinks nothing of eating collared doves alive while I am only a few feet away. She also carried off one of my bantams some years ago but the little hen escaped and made her way home!

Back