WINNER ANNOUNCED - The 5th Serious Compacts Salon Challenge: Smoking!

dscf1198.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OK folks. Time to put you out of your misery....and for me to pass the artistic burden of the baton on to the lucky winner.

There were some fantastic entries for this salon. More than I anticipated considering that some find street difficult, and combining street with smoking is even more of a challenge.

I would have been proud to have captured a number of these shots, either for technical knowledge to carry it off, or having the eye for it.

Joe (Livnius) is the winner for his shot. I can hear the flies buzz and flowers wilt in the heat evoked by the burnt out area of forearm, the capture of the curling swirling amoke is top class. The loucheness with which the cigarette is held, the atmosphere of supreme self confidence and being in touch with oneself amongst the obvious city bustle is imprinted on this photo.

Joe, I can feel the heat on his forearm, hear and feel the city reverberate around him. Fantastic eye for the shot and executing it. Well done.

OK, Joe. You know the brief to carry the salon orward.. Well done and thanks to all for entering into the spirit of it all

Wow...I'm honoured Pete that you felt my image to be a worthy winner in such a field and I appreciate the effort you made to articulate what you saw. It can be enlightening to get an insight into how your image is seen by others. Thank you.

Rajiv I really liked your image mate, as a smoker I understand all too well (unfortunately) the emotions and physical changes a person goes through when they light up and take that first hit, the precise moment your image was captured. And Stephen, thank you too for a timely reality check.

I'm still 'the new guy' here so MODS please let me know what standard operating procedure is...how much thinking music do I get before deciding upon and initiating the 6th salon ?

Thanks again Pete and to other fellow contributors.

Rajiv I really liked your image mate, as a smoker I understand all too well (unfortunately) the emotions and physical changes a person goes through when they light up and take that first hit, the precise moment your image was captured. And Stephen, thank you too for a timely reality check.

Congratulations it is well deserved, although I participated I wasn't very active in commenting all the very nice pictures that are in this contest, I'm quitting smoking and I'm in the first 3 weeks of doing so I kind of bypassed the activity herein.

Take care and looking forward to participate in the next contest that you will be organizing.

Rajiv I really liked your image mate, as a smoker I understand all too well (unfortunately) the emotions and physical changes a person goes through when they light up and take that first hit, the precise moment your image was captured.

Hey Joe, just saw your comment, no idea how I missed seeing it considering that I live here. I'm guilty of being a smoker as well and while shooting I was watching out for the moment when he would suck the flame in. But yours was an extraordinary image and Peter did well by this forum to pick it out!

Back