WINNER ANNOUNCED ! - The 4th Serious Compacts Salon Challenge : Gritty Black & White

G3 20mm, heavy crop -> Silver Efex

G320horsehead.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I don't usually do black and white, nor do I ever strive for grain in my images, but since that was the brief, here goes... :) my aim was to make it look like one of those coarse black and white newspaper photos, using low quality paper, not really caring about the image quality so long as it meets the deadline and illustrates the story. Shot at the 24 Hours of Le Mans race.

7826760608_d3ed9d2ede_b.jpg

I kinda like how the grit and grain reinforces the texture of the metal guardrails...

saw this on petapixel awhile back, and remembered your photo.. but couldnt find which thread i had seen it in.. but.. saw it today! so ran back to petapixel and snagged a linky

Photographs of Roadkill Lying Serenely in Makeshift Memorials

It took me some time to get a feeling for what to post here, I hesitated quite some time due to the sad nature of this picture. It was took while walking lonely by the lake, the weather was bad, cold, gusty winds and rain. When I found this bird I felt his own loneliness at the time of his death. There where a few leaves nearby that I reverently placed next to his wing, a tribute to our shared loneliness and the fragile condition of our existences.

photo12c.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PS: Hope no body will feel offended by this picture, taking pictures of death can be seen as offense, but I definitely have not taken this picture without any feelings...

Back