WINNER ANNOUNCED - The 18th Photographers' Lounge Salon Challenge: Adventure!

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
It's an honor and a challenge in itself to follow up on Milan / pictogramax' excellent Salon Challenge.

The theme of this one will be... Adventure. Interpret it however you like; literal, ironic, personal, through the eyes of somebody or something else, anything goes. Make it a combination of words and image, or let the image speak for itself. Surprise and / or delight me!

The Challenge will run until sunday October 18th 23:59 Central European Time, or as soon after that as i can find the time to end it.

I can't wait to see your entries!

Rules are simple................

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hardtime about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

4. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the PL Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that openingmessage must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.

6. Please, don´t be shy...Participate and have fun!

Last edited:
FZ200 Oak and adventure 022-001 copy.jpg

Cheers, Jock

My grandest adventures have come on the seat of a bicycle, but photographs never depict just how adventurous some of those trips have been. As an example, here's a shot (NOT my submission) of me from a tour I did in rainy, foggy, Wales in the summer of 2001 that probably comes as close as any, but is really just a photo of a guy and his bike...

NOT MY SUBMISSION:
21379660953_6fa7c64116_z.jpg
Beano 30005
by Ray, on Flickr

So here's my submission, which is something I'd never do, but which depicts a sense of adventure to me...

20063062063_4853c60e59_b.jpg
Puget Sound-70-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

Discovered this little project in a backstreet of Stalis, Crete while on holiday. A real adventure in construction.
The guy’s ambition is for a small community theatre using materials on site & found in the locality – It follows the principles of Superadobe as promoted by CalEarth

What is SuperAdobe? — CalEarth

I’ve read of this construction method in the past few years but this is the first real live example I’ve seen close up. – The construction of the freestanding walls was a lot more robust than I expected. Very solid & firm. Nice to look at and touch. Very natural. The guy reckons he has another two years ahead of him before its completed and he has to take time off to work in Europe to raise money to survive and fund the project. I admire the guy’s ambition and commitment.

I've deleted my prior - more traditional - entry to replace it by this one. It must quite an adventure to go in the water with mom the first time.

p1553240285-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

the following is NOT my entry but was also adventurous. I am in the photo so it does not qualify. Obviously I am the one who shows typical male behavior (frankly, since I like diving and water, jumping in the water is always fun):

p1553255469-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back