WINNER ANNOUNCED LUKE! 19th serious compacts salon challenge - film noir

If you have 85 minutes to spare, watch Kubrick's "The Killing"...... http://viooz.co/movies/201-the-killing-1956.html

I'm not super into old movies, but this would be on many cinemaphiles short lists of film noir classics.

Noted, and I'll see. I have many movies to catch up on, but chronic fatigue isn't helping - if I watch a movie, I WATCH a movie, so I don't like to go into it tired. I think it's a mindset thing, though. It's not that I'm all frolicking lambs and rainbows - The Passion of Joan of Arc and The Seventh Seal are 2 of my favorite films, but Noire just hasn't grabbed me. Or, I may have just not found my "entry" film yet, and Kubrick sounds like a good choice there!

I had a funny conversation with a Noire fan once. When I think Lang, I think The Niebelungenlied, Metropolis, and M (all of which I like) and for my friend, Lang's career might as well have started in Hollywood. At one point he said, "And Lang admired the great European directors," and I had to interrupt, "Wait a minute - Lang WAS a great European director!"

View attachment 78325
We went to the Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana last weekend to partake in their yearly tradition as well as see family who lives there. It was a one day trip which meant being up early, driving a few hours, visiting and then driving back later. We didn't go to any of the bridges but one. Before we left covered bridge country.. we stopped at this bridge that has a history of hauntings. It was about 8:30pm EST. Resting the x100s on one of the trusses I took this longer exposure image. It would appear I caught a couple ghosts in doing so. :D I'm not sure whether others will see it as Film Noir or not, but you can't get much darker than death.​

This is dark but I like it. Glad to see you back again. You are also in my top five.

Hello everybody, personal issues have kept me away from the forum for some months now, so I apologize for jumping back into the forum with posting in the challenge. I don't think this pictures applies, it has been taken with a leica and noctilux lens, but it is indeed a Noir picture, very Noir indeed if you look closely. It is part of a project I did in an abandoned mental sickness home which has been occupied by homeless people for many years.

10135277974_ff864125ab_b.jpg

Some of the shots of that project are on my flickr gallery couleurnoire

Kind regards to all.

Did I say top five? Heck, it's gotta be top 6. I can't decide between these two for the last place in my top five so I am squeezing them both in!

I love a good ghost story .. suitably creepy as Halloween is fast approaching.

View attachment 78846
We went to the Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana last weekend to partake in their yearly tradition as well as see family who lives there. It was a one day trip which meant being up early, driving a few hours, visiting and then driving back later. We didn't go to any of the bridges but one. Before we left covered bridge country.. we stopped at this bridge that has a history of hauntings. It was about 8:30pm EST. Resting the x100s on one of the trusses I took this longer exposure image. It would appear I caught a couple ghosts in doing so. :D I'm not sure whether others will see it as Film Noir or not, but you can't get much darker than death.​

Back