Fuji Why the X-A1 May Be A Mistake

The XA1 was easy to make -- the X100 sensor + XM1 body. No additional R&D.

It is there to define the bottom of the Fuji range, which props up the XM1 price, which props up the XE1 and then the XP1 price.

Hilarious. Here we're bitching about creating a cheaper entry level model diluting the brand and at mu43.com they're bitching about the EM1 being too expensive and ruining the "small" size parameters of m43. These poor buggers at Fuji and olympus just can't win.

I'm ordering an XA1. I would not pay the extra $200.00 for the XM1. That's because I'm buying it for my daughter. I tried to get her to look at a similar Olympus but she's a Fujifilm fangirl (her first camera was a P/S Fuji. And it will be blue or I wil be savaged by a 12 year old. So there may be some truth in the girl market thing if you take my one purchase as a snapshot of the whole market. :)

I might just put the 200 I've saved toward the new telezoom for her.

So I think it's a brilliant idea that Fuji is finally fleshing out its range.

Gordon

I really don't understand what this discussion is really about. BMW is a premium car maker, but it still has plenty of product lines, from 1 to 7 plus several SUVs (not to mention Rolls Royce and other ultra-premium brands that belong to them as well). Are those who bought a 7 series beamer really unhappy because there's also a 1 series with the same BMW logo? Should BMW drop everything below the most expensive luxury offerings in order to please the elitists? Is not dropping all those "cheap" or "affordable" or "compromised" offerings a mistake? I don't know, but at least BMW's stock seems to be doing rather well.

Do you think BMW can expand far enough not to have only *******s drive them? I couldn't resist seeing as my 1st car was a 2002.

Hilarious. Here we're bitching about creating a cheaper entry level model diluting the brand and at mu43.com they're bitching about the EM1 being too expensive and ruining the "small" size parameters of m43. These poor buggers at Fuji and olympus just can't win.

I'm ordering an XA1. I would not pay the extra $200.00 for the XM1. That's because I'm buying it for my daughter. I tried to get her to look at a similar Olympus but she's a Fujifilm fangirl (her first camera was a P/S Fuji. And it will be blue or I wil be savaged by a 12 year old. So there may be some truth in the girl market thing if you take my one purchase as a snapshot of the whole market. :)

I might just put the 200 I've saved toward the new telezoom for her.

So I think it's a brilliant idea that Fuji is finally fleshing out its range.

Gordon

Oh c'mon Gordon. Your daughter deserves a XPro1!

Do you think BMW can expand far enough not to have only *******s drive them? I couldn't resist seeing as my 1st car was a 2002.

Ya know what's funny about this? Last month I read an article which stated that, according to survey of drivers, BMW drivers were the biggest jerks on the road. Specifically, drivers of blue BMW's.

My brother drives a blue 325Ci. :D

Edit: found the article, http://autos.yahoo.com/news/bmw-drivers-really-are-jerks--studies-find-214456020.html

I think it's a good move for Fuji there taking Sony NEX's head on and if they stock this at Best Buy the camera could possibly be a Christmas sleeper if Fuji makes the right moves.

Sent from my iPhone using SeriousCompacts mobile app

It seems that Fuji is deploying the Samsung smartphone/tablet strategy: "throw everything at them (the market) and see what sticks". A pity as it seemed they had figured out a clear and somewhat niche strategy with their X100, Pro1, XE1 lines and excellent lenses.

Back