Olympus Why no love for the XZ-2, it is a great camera!

I know. What is it with X systems. The X1 and 2 from Leica, the X10,20,30 from Fuji. and the XZ series from Olympus, which at least makes sense as an alphabetical jump from the XA film serious of decades back.

Thank goodness for the internet, which lets me check to see if I've got the right name associated with the right brand. And now there is Panasonic's LX100 aimed right at the heart of the similarly named RX100 series from Sony.. (I still cannot decide which one I want, the sony mkiii or the Pansonic, a mute point since I can afford neither.)

(I still cannot decide which one I want, the sony mkiii or the Pansonic, a mute point since I can afford neither.)

I had the RX100 Mk3 over the weekend and was very surprised about the IQ, especially at ISO1600 (RAW) in dim conditions and compared to shots from my aged NEX-7 with a set of fixed FL glass. I'm really happy it's so (too) tiny, otherwise I'd go and grab one.

I'm glad

I had the RX100 Mk3 over the weekend and was very surprised about the IQ, especially at ISO1600 (RAW) in dim conditions and compared to shots from my aged NEX-7 with a set of fixed FL glass. I'm really happy it's so (too) tiny, otherwise I'd go and grab one.

I'm glad

I'd heard the Sony was very close to the Panasonic in quality, despite the smaller sensor, that the lens was sharper, and that of course it has more resolution (on a smaller sensor). Out of focus areas don't seem to be as attractive as the Panasonic, but it has the advantage of being able to slip into a pocket. But I don't mind carrying a small case on my belt, and have done so for the XZ-2, the DP-2, the X-10 and other cameras.

Here's another from the xz-2, compliments of our local graffiti artists, or if you prefer "defacers of public spaces". Compared to the embarrassing city sponsored public art in this town, I find this stuff refreshing:

P1180031-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back