Panasonic Which would you pick and why -- FZ1000 or FZ300?

Which one?

• Total voters
Its not that I don't like the P610, I just don't like it for everything. Low light? Forget it :) Long zoom? Excellent. ...

I definitely get that mindset. It is a matter of right tool for right job. Once you accept that one camera does not fit all needs, which most of us have, the choices are a bit easier.

The other big benefit of a superzoom vs a long lens is that with the SZ you are just carrying one camera. It can do wide, to a point, video, snaps of any kind. If I have a big zoom on a DSLR I either need to carry another lens or another camera. Sometimes that is perfectly fine with me, but many times I favor simplicity and versatility over most everything else.

This theme is nearly nine years old but it has a kind of actuality for me. I had not the choice between the two cameras, but I've get one FZ330 as a surprise christmas gift and I get the opportunity to try it out in the last weeks during a vacation at the stormy, sandy and humid north sea coast in Denmark. This is one of my photos I've taken with the FZ330 and I'm completely satisfied with it in such conditions. It shows the lighthouse Blavandshuk Fyr in Blavand, Jutland, Denmark.

20240228_133318-resize.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice shot Mannix! I can imagine the weather sealing gives you a bit more confidence to use the camera in such conditions :)
Thank you :) In over 40 years of photography, I've never worried much about my camera in bad weather conditions, even many years without weather-protected cameras. But with wind and flying sand, it is a little more reassuring to have a camera with a wide range of focal lengths available and no need to change lenses. What's more, a bridge camera is also kind of fun, especially when you don't have to deliver results and can take pictures carefree.

Back