Critique Wanted Whats wrong with this?

Thanks for everyone's input!!

I think the problem that people are facing (in re-editing the shot) is this: a) the original was only 3.2mp, shot in jpg, in 2004 or so... so we don't have fabulous resolution to start with, and I no longer have the original shot, because back then, I was not as aware of the need to hang onto originals like grim death. b) the original was also potentially a good shot, but the place I shot from was probably a bad choice.

I'm going to be back at this location tonight (a retirement party for an ex-colleague from my old workplace), and plan to reshoot if the light is right, probably with the X100. The pier on the right is actually a floating ferry landing dock, and I am contemplating going to the end, there, to take the shot. The other positive is that the cranes will be gone, they belonged to a floating dock which was sold off to some other country a couple of months back, so there will be no oddities of that kind. If the light is not right, I'll go again next month when its likely to be better.

The following shot was taken in 2010 but from the end of the pier, and pointing more toward the restaurant and the big riverfront hotel, than directly up river. I'd change the angle... but from this location, the towers disappear (they are there for ships to guide them in... the harbour is a very large, active one. We ship a lot of coal out of here)

5127435078_a67d6ac58f_b.jpg

Harbour Foreshore by kyte50, on Flickr

I know this is an old thread, but I say get rid of the neon script stuff on the building. "PS" it out or such. No reason I see not to help a really good image be even better. :)

Back