Micro 4/3 What would you do?

What would you do if you had some LTM, Canon FD & Minolta AF legacy lenses, a wife with a Panny GH2 and a bunch of lenses she hardly ever uses and some shekels burning a hole in your pocket?

Shall I tell you what I did?

I bought a Panny G2, that's what I did. :yahoo::whoo:

I've already got the LTM adapter and have ordered the FD and Minolta AF adapters. The LTM adapter means I can play with my pre-WWII 50mm/f2 collapsible Summar, my 50mm/f2 Jupiter-8 and my 25mm/f4 Voigtlander Skopar later. Battery charging as I type... :D

Anyway, would you have done the same? Hmm?

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance::dance::dance:

I can't conceive of what I'd have done - however, I am very glad to hear what you've done, Russ! This is a good sign as it means we'll be seeing more photographs from you...and that you'll be out of that lab and on the streets or the pastures or... the jungles a lot more, as spring approaches! :D

Well Russ, it rather depends how many shekels ... but I think if I was going m43 for the first time, I'd have bought a PEN ... all the best people have them y'know ...

The Pens were considered but I ruled them out on the grounds that MF would be easier through the EVF (and I wouldn't need the extra expense of getting a VF for the Oly). I also fancy the free angle LCD arrangement. But a good point well made. (y)

As you know, I'm teasing ... but yes, I can only admire people who catch accurate focus using a manual lens with only an LCD ... I couldn't be without the VF-2 on my E-P2 ... though if you get bored with two 50mm f/2s, send me one and I'll put it on my Bessa ...

Righty-ho. Playtime.
Canon FD Mount 28/2.8 Macro
fd-28.jpg

Canon FD Mount 50/1.8
fd-50.jpg

Canon FD Mount 75-200/4.5 Macro
fd-75-200.jpg

Leica Thread Mount (M39/1) Voigtlander Snapshot Skopar 25/4
ltm-25.jpg

Leica Thread Mount (M39/1) Jupiter-8 50/2
ltm-jupiter-8.jpg

Minolta/Sony Alpha AF Mount 28/2.8
min-28.jpg

Minolta/Sony Alpha AF Mount 35-75 Macro
min-35-70.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

The LTM Skopar actually works better on the G2 than on a rangefinder because it isn't a coupled lens & you have to guesstimate the distance to the object; on the G2, it can be focused nicely.

Unfortunately, the Minolta lenses can only be used wide open as the aperture cannot be controlled and there is no dial on the lens.

I'm just waiting for the Pentax K adapter now; I forgot I had a cheap old Cosina with a PK mount 50/1.8 and an even cheaper and considerably nastier Hanimex 135/2.8 with a PK mount.:eek::eek:

Back