What will the CP+ bring to table?

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
The Camera and Photo Imaging Show starts on February 9 till february 12 at Pcaifico Yokohama Japan: Cameras and Photo Imaging Show [CP+]
We do suspect great news from the manufacturers, like the A77, Nikon mirrorless camera, Sony 3D Bloggy, Sony NEX, etc. I hope that canon will unveil their first mirrorless camera. What you think?

I hope that canon will unveil their first mirrorless camera. What you think?

I think they will release one soon, only it will be a video camera that takes EOS lenses and will also shoot stills. I also see a low budget "SLR" that takes EOS lenses only will not have a mirror and will still be the size and shape of an SLR

really the future of mirrorless cameras lies in the hands of Panasonic, Samsung, Olympus, and Sony who do not have to worry about cannibalizing much if any market share from dedicated DSLR systems. Canon and Nikon will have a hard time doing that when it would impact DSLR sales, and by the time they figure it out, it will be too late.

I really see Samsung making a major play in this area over the next 5 years. Being from Korea not Japan they are free to experiment and operate differently, they also have MAJOR resources in both capital, engineering, and manufacturing. Most people do not realize this but Samsung makes the chips that makes many devices like the iPhone possible.The also make the LCD and AMOLED screens that are used on many other cameras and phones.

It's rumored that Nikon will announce their first mirrorless camera soon. Hope it has an (hybrid) EVF.
Maybe Pan and Oly come with high end semi prof cameras.
Oh well, let's wait (again).

Back