What is it Wednesday - Week 25

OK, time for the reveal.

The picture shows part of the bonnet (hood if you prefer) of an E-Type Jaguar. You've been looking at cooling vents for the engine I think.

23685715331_b5c485521f_z.jpg
E-type bonnet
by Richard, on Flickr

Judging this one is tricky, because nobody really came close. I admired Luke's reasoning, but I think Marlof was the only person to use the word 'cooling' and I imagine if you had a 265 bhp sports car in 1964 that probably felt like hyperdrive. I enjoyed Marlof's sheer persistence too.

Lastly, I was disappointed to discover that Bill owns a grilling pan, and not an E-Type Jaguar as I thought for a while a few posts back. I expect he's disappointed by that too.

Over to Marlof ...

-R

Noooooooo...!

I shall have to hand in my Petrolhead badge!

I was sure it was the underside of a griddle pan. *hangs head in shame*

...of course I have one - if it's good enough for Nigella... :love:

Wow - never saw that. Great challenge.

Question - From what angle did you take the 'challenge' photo - it looks a lot more compressed that the real thing (or could be some weird optical illusion I'm seeing).

Question - From what angle did you take the 'challenge' photo - it looks a lot more compressed that the real thing (or could be some weird optical illusion I'm seeing).
I can't remember now whether that exact image was the 'donor' or one very much like it. Basically it was just a rotate and a crop this time, I didn't do anything to the colours or contrast. I think I would have guessed it was polycarbonate sheeting too.

-R

Kicking myself. I "should" have recognized it as at least automotive. Spent my youth restoring Jaguars and Alfa Romeo's with my Dad. My excuse then is we never restored an E-Type. Always lusted after the 2+2 for some silly reason.

I must admit that while this thread was running I kept thinking, these people are going to be so mad when they discover that this is a piece of a car.

The detail was deliberately ambiguous and the colour is more suggestive of cookware than car I think.

-R

Back