What Is It Wednesday - Week 19

marlof

Trying to focus
Name
Marlof
Oooh.... something shiny! What is it?

How is this played?

Each member gets one guess. The answer will be revealed on the following Tuesday. The first correct guess has the honor of submitting the image for the next challenge. Sometimes there will be more than one thing in the photo or more than one way to accurately describe what the photo represents. The original poster will be the final judge of who is "most correct

i think Richard is correct, so I'll try to refine it and either get closer to correct or further from it....LOL.

It's the "kickplate" at the bottom of a refrigerator that allows the compressor to cool.

I was thinking more the sort of ventilation grille through which sinister green smoke would enter a room in an old episode of Star Trek. Ventilation grilles like that are always bad news in old science fiction series.

-R

I would have given that to Luke as I think he was closer with the ventilation arrangements for an electrical appliance, whereas I was thinking more in terms of air conditioning / room ventilation.

But the original poster's decision is final so I'll try to come up with something tomorrow.

-R

I guess being generic in your original answer helped. Since Luke wrote he thought you were right with your "ventilation grille", but he was trying to win by being more specific, I think it'd be only fair to only let him win when he was exactly right. And yes, that's arbitrary. As it always is when there's no direct hit. Anyhow, thanks all for participating!

Back