What Is It Wednesday (early edition)

BruPri

Top Veteran
Name
Bruce J. Pritchard
Each member gets one guess. The answer will be revealed on the following Tuesday. The first correct guess has the honour of submitting the image for the next challenge. Sometimes there will be more than one thing in the photo or more than one way to accurately describe what the photo represents. The original poster will be the final judge of who is "most correct".
what.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm pretty sure I've something like this before but memory fails me here. Could be an electric heating element but might as well run on gas ... tough one this time.

I once bought a collection of vintage toasters (over 100 of them) to re-sell on eBay. It wouldn't surprise me if at all if this is one. To differentiate my guess from Martin's, I'll say it is a vintage (pre 70s) consumer toaster

Ouch, I used to repair guitar amps back in the day, still have a decent collection of tubes in a box somewhere - thanks for the reminder, Bruce ;)
I'll start the next round later today.

I was busy getting a new dog during WIIW Early Edition so I didn't participate. But one of my fondest childhood memories was going to the radio shop and helping my Dad test radio and TV tubes! And I love both photos :)

Back