1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

Discussion in 'Film Cameras' started by jssaraiva, Dec 17, 2016.

1. phigmov

phigmov Veteran

Mar 23, 2015
    Nikon F2 w/ DE-1 viewfinder. Suspect it is a bit of a mongrel but I like the panda affect of the black & silver. Viewfinder has a little ding in it (new ones seem to cost as much as a camera) but only from a certain angle. Wasn't counting on getting the lens with it but its actually pretty compact for an old 50mm. This will give me an excuse to get one of those non-AI 45mm pancakes too.

V9eh_5p1O7dnMVdjge9wHt5GOOvBpPtsuEz-hzQU96fOUkYGPg-GM6MXlQ5WCR1mjfeeBBhHTMtbra2og=w1452-h1089-no.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Cerita

Cerita Veteran

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    12 rolls of Kodak TMax 100 35mm in 24 exposures.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cerita

Cerita Veteran

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    I also gathered some information today from the few labs I use for BW developing, I asked what developers they use; one uses Kodak Tmax and other uses Ilfosol DD (I think that's the name). I will do some experiments and send the Kodak to the Kodak lab and the Ilford to the other. Will be interesting to see what the results will be when the film is developed with chemistry from the respective companies.

4. Cerita

Cerita Veteran

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Tim Williams

Tim Williams Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    2400 exposures. That should keep a few cameras full for a while. At least their 24 exposure rolls.:2thumbs:

6. MoonMind

MoonMind All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    @Tim Williams@Tim Williams 12*24=288 in my book (it's TMax 100, not 100*TMax) ;)  Still, a nice little stash to use.

M.

7. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Doh, It,s been a long day lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    I worked on my Bank acct. also today. I'd better go back over those numbers for sure.:doh:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Cheshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    I've bought a Canon 8800F scanner on eBay...need to go and collect it over the weekend. That is part 1 of saving lab processing costs - part 2 will be a Lab Box, but that will have to wait until we have successfully moved house.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cerita

Cerita Veteran

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    Is the Lab Box ready for retail sale as yet? I would like to buy one, and try developing a roll with the new super monobath developer just put out by the FPP.

11. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Cheshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Seems the current estimate is “summer 2018” for the first shipments.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cerita

Cerita Veteran

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    I took a look at their website, seems like I might have to wait a bit.

13. I backed their Kickstarter from the beginning, but it has taken much longer than they anticipated. I'm mainly interested in it as it will be able to do both 35mm and 120, and I find 120 really hard to load onto the developer reel.

An available alternative is the Rondinax. It's been around since the 30s, and does a fine job with 35mm. The Lab Box
    will be a much modernized and improved version. Rondinaxs (Rondinai ?) can be found on eBay from time to time, they used to go for about 5 bucks, but now the prices have gone up, maybe the Lab Box effect. I have two. If you would be interested in trying one, I'd be willing to loan one, for the cost of shipping. Information and instructions are available on the web.

Regards,
    BV

14. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Taking the F100 and the OM2n tomorrow along with the Maxxum 7 to see if I can burn through some of this film on the coast. Time to get busy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cerita

Cerita Veteran

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada

Thanks so much for the offer, but I'll hold off for now as I am really not sure if I want to develop at all. It's one of those steps I am afraid to take :) . The monobath developer or even the stand development method that I have seen videos about make me think that perhaps I can do this some day. I can see my husband just rolling his eyes LOL! Thanks again for the offer.

16. phigmov

phigmov Veteran

Mar 23, 2015
    Won this lot in an online-auction. Suspect its come from a deceased estate. Slowly whittling away my excuses for not developing my own film. I'll need to check I've got all the right chemistry (they all appear unused) and then shoot a burner roll to try the process out.

wmgdQudEuSfmehdxt9ot5wEiieX5LN9b7zJA9VFza3iY3p4FyejK0qXVmZ8wKCnkPiVtCPxG-eLlshtud_Q=w967-h725-no.

• Like Like x 3
  17. MoonMind

MoonMind All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    I'm waiting for the LabBox as well; I've been talking to Ars-Imago directly various times - they want to get this right, so I'm looking forward to trying it. The biggest problem will arise should I stay with it and get drawn in - because I have precious little space for fitting a darkroom into my place. The crazy thing is, I'm already planning (well, at least I'm not taking measurements - yet ...).

M.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bobitybob

Bobitybob Regular

Jan 4, 2014
    Home of the Lady Wufruna
    Bob
    My latest episode of GAS resulted in the following

IMG_0031.JPG
    Apple    iPhone 6s Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2    4mm    f/2.2    1/17s    ISO 125

Test shot ...

ZENZA BRONICA ETRS-1000013.
    Zenza Bronica ETRS    Zenzanon MC 1:2.8/50    50mm          ISO 400

Zenza Bronica ETRS, Zenzanon 2.8/50, Ilford HP5+ stand developed in Rodinal 1:100

I really must stop buying cameras :shakehead:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Bob you're doing great. It's fueling my GAS for a MF but I love the images.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  20. Cerita

Cerita Veteran

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    Beautiful camera!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.