1. Welcome to Cameraderie.org—a friendly camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

Discussion in 'Film Cameras' started by jssaraiva, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Cerita

Cerita Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    What is the Retropan I see? I haven't seen that film before.

2. MoonMind

MoonMind All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    I know that film - though I have never shot it ... In Switzerland, ars-imago (my favourite dealer) carries/carried them ... Should be very interesting to know more about it, I agree :) 

M.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tim Williams

Tim Williams Top Veteran Subscribing Member

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    It has a group on Flickr with some pics. Think it was called Retropan Soft.

4. phigmov

phigmov Veteran

Mar 23, 2015
    Another Foma film - I've never shot it before
    RETROPAN 320 soft

Looks a little washed out judging by these flickr pics - that could be caused by the camera
    Foma Retropan 320 Soft

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cerita

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    Thanks for this information. Yes, I agree, a bit washed out, hmm.

6. MoonMind

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Yep, sort of glowy ... don't know what to make of it yet. Interesting for certain images - but probably not my kind of shots.

M.

7. phigmov

phigmov Veteran

Mar 23, 2015
    I have to say that looking at an online stores film selection is a little bit like going to a dessert restaurant and perusing the menu... "I'll have some of that, and one of those... ooo that sounds interesting, I'll try a roll..."

I hope the variety & choice continues even as the big-guns are slowly reducing their range.

8. MoonMind

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Agreed - thankfully, it's mostly the Fuji mothership that's throwing their legacy overboard ...

M.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JoeLopez

JoeLopez Veteran

May 18, 2017
    Very nice! What strap is that?

10. Cerita

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    This is why I like supporting these smaller film manufacturers :) . Ferrania's film looks very interesting, as does Kosmo (?), and I am very interested in the Svema colour offering but the shipping from the US is stopping me for the moment, so I have decided to wait until a family member visits the US at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ztryfe

ztryfe Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    Victor
    Joby DSLR Wrist Strap

Very comfortable and secure IMHO, I actually have 3 of these, across the Yashica, a NEX 5R and on and off an XD7.
    Plus is not an "artisan" design / product, so its only 15 bucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MoonMind

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Got one of these on each of my more modern medium format rangefinders - very secure, really useful, inexpensive.

M.

13. MoonMind

Dec 29, 2013
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Okay, something somewhat cute; it appears to work fine, so I'll still try it out with film - one of the better pocket (110) cameras from the late 70s. Since my first camera was a pocket film camera (nothing as nice as this, though), it feels like quite the throwback.
    vitoret110el.
    1 V1    ---    19mm    f/2.8    1/40s    ISO 400

I used the clip it came with to prop it up ...

M.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Bought a Gossen Digisix 2 Lightmeter I got a good deal on . The real issue is where am I going to go next with my Minolta lens selection. While I was injured, I didn't think about anything but getting better. Now it's time to finish the kit. I have the ,
    24 mm 2.8
    50 mm 1.7
    35-105 3.5-4.5,
    I'm thinking a 100 2.8 macro or a 135 2.8 (180-250$)
    And a Beer can 70-210 f4. (50-100 $)
    The 24 is wide enough, the 50 I would like to swap out for the 1.4 and the 100 macro because it's so damn good and a steal.
    That would beat my F100 kit hands down and be all auto focus to boot, except for the 80-200 2.8 Nikon, I won't even go there with the Minolta. Don't want to get into the big money white lens.
    Going to go out this weekend and finish the roll Of HP5 in it, I'm leaning towards the 100 2.8 macro.
    This camera is an absolute joy to shoot.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Ooops. I also bought a used copy of The Negative by Ansel off Amazon.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cerita

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    Opticfilm 120 scanner as it was on "sale", big purchase and I hope the last for a long time. Anyhow, the first thing that impressed me was how fantastic the film holders are, and how many come with the scanner!! I will report back when I have scanned with it properly on the weekend, and when I have figured a few things out. So far, it is great, the scan I did with it was very detailed and sharp, and I compared it with a scan done (same image) with my V600, huge difference in scan quality.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cerita

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    Oh yes, the F80 came in, what a neat and small camera as everyone said it would be. I slapped on the 50mm Nikkor lens onto it, will load it up with FP4 and take it for a whirl. It's a lot lighter than the F601. It is in fairly mint condition, and Japanese sellers are such good packers! It also takes a CR123A battery, which it used by a few cameras I have, so I think I'll see if I can buy rechargeables.

IMG_0202.
    Apple    iPhone 6s Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2    4mm    f/2.2    1/10s    ISO 80

• Like Like x 4
  18. Tim Williams

May 31, 2017
    Central Florida
    Timothy Williams
    Sweet. It looks great. Will it fit in your purse though Lol. Good luck, It look like a shooter.

19. Cerita

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    Yes, it does and I am very pleased! :flowers_2: It's a bit bigger than say the "purse friendly" Olympus MjuII or even the Canon Super Sure Shot. It's actually about the same size as the Minolta Dynax 5

• Like Like x 2
  20. Cerita

Jul 24, 2017
    Canada
    5 rolls of Ilford Delta100 120, trying this out for the first time.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.