what do you hope to capture today?

Thanks Antonio.
The negative is very thin, but I'll try a contact at some point.
these are the first I've shot on this particular film, which is actually a lith film so really quite unsuitable for pictorial work, and I think they need more exposure - probably around EI 1 :)

Great idea for a thread, Luke! I'm working on a group show in the fall. There's a shot just a half mile from my house that I've been stalking for years, a classic old "USED CARS" sign. I must have taken a hundred photos of the sign over the years but just haven't gotten the right one just yet.

7015465913_6c05f857fb_c.jpg

USED by john m flores, on Flickr

14005109489_453a7c7f0f_c.jpg

R by john m flores, on Flickr

There's a real good photo waiting to be had, and I'll try again tonight.

In a couple of weeks I will be one of the official photographers for the Melbourne International Jazz Festival. Amongst others, I will be photographing Joshua Redman Quartet, Mary Stallings, and a number of other jazz musicians along the way. Will be missing out on Chick Corea and Gary Burton, and Robert Davi singing Sinatra, and Larry Carlton.

Who knows what today or tomorrow holds? I am well past 120 days of a new photo every day with the Nikon Df and everyday so far something is found. I am learning that subjects are all around us and as I have committed myself to this project I am seeing more opportunities than ever before.

In a couple of weeks I will be one of the official photographers for the Melbourne International Jazz Festival. Amongst others, I will be photographing Joshua Redman Quartet, Mary Stallings, and a number of other jazz musicians along the way. Will be missing out on Chick Corea and Gary Burton, and Robert Davi singing Sinatra, and Larry Carlton.

Hmmm - Not heard about Joshua Redman for some time - I have one of his first albums & Larry Carlton is one of my favourites .. enjoy

On the Sunny side of The street was my favourite track off my cd - lot of humour in it - the rest were a bit radio 3 for me

That's sort of what I meant by Radio 3 (Jazz - Late Junction ) a mixed bag some of the selections are off the wall others are really palatable

I'll have to spotify the guy

The coolest cat.

14259432563_677d9123a0_c.jpg

I saw him in the early 90s at Lincoln Center performing, among other things, Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time. He is a hero but that night wasn't heroic. Jazz doesn't work as well in big concert halls. Give me an intimate jazz club, but please let me swing and hoot when the music moves me to do so.

You lucky bastard.

Also, Miles may be all drugged up by the time you saw him, he wouldn't have been his best. I think he was losing his chops by then.

You would've enjoyed the ole bebop days when the crowd used to hoot and sing in NY jazz clubs. It's taken very very seriously these days, for better or worse, no hooting or clapping.

You lucky bastard.

Also, Miles may be all drugged up by the time you saw him, he wouldn't have been his best. I think he was losing his chops by then.

You would've enjoyed the ole bebop days when the crowd used to hoot and sing in NY jazz clubs. It's taken very very seriously these days, for better or worse, no hooting or clapping.

Yeah, it's great living near the jazz capital of the world. I love the little clubs. Some of the folks I've seen in the smaller places include Christian McBride, Diana Krall, Michel Camilo, Dr. Billy Taylor, Roy Hargrove, etc.

Good times.

Back