Film What camera and film combination are you using today?

Cerita

Veteran
Just thought I would start a conversation on this topic, I would love to know what everyone is shooting today (or these days).

I loaded up two cameras last night, the Nikon F80 with FP4 and the Canon ML35 or Super Sure Shot, I believe this was what it was called in NA, with some Kodak TMax 100, both haven't been used by me, so a first for both cameras.

This
A gentleman's EDC.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Minolta has a half used roll of HP5 , The OM2n a half shot roll of AGFA Vista 200 and the F100 has a couple frames of Superia 400 left in it. Got a roll of Lomography waiting for the F100.

It's nice to know I am not the only one who has a few cameras loaded up, and in various stages of how much film is used, and waiting to be used :). I just discovered I have a Minolta X-700 with a roll of something in there, and my Olympus MjuII has a half finished roll of Agfa Vista 200. I have to say I wish there were more rolls of film with 24 exposures instead of 36. I remember when I was growing up, 24 exposures was the norm in 35mm, or am I wrong?

Loading the OM-1 with Tmax 400. This will be new for me, as I've always used TriX when I wanted a fast film. I'm going to try it with my old Vivitar Series 1 70-210 Zoom, which I haul out every now and then, and then realize I can't hold it still enough. I'm hoping the faster film will help.
I always buy 24 exposure rolls. 36 seems like just a little too much, and I end up wasting shots at the end, just to finish the roll. They are a bit easier to load on the developer reel as well.

Black Contax T3 with Fuji XTRA 400. Great combination for saturated colours and deep contrast, especially good for landscapes and buildings. Perhaps not as good for portraits as this combination is a little heavy handed. Kodak Portra or Pro400H are better in this situation.

Didn't realise until I checked how many I have loaded :blush:

Leica R4 - Agfa Vista Plus 200
Leica R8 - Kodak WB400CN
Leica M6 - Kodak Double X
Canon A1 - Kodak Double X
Fuji GA645Zi - Lomography Color 400
Fuji GS645S - Lucky 200
Canon EOS 55 - Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400

All of theses are about half way through except for the Fujis which I have loaded in preparation for a trip to the Peak District next week :yahoo:

I have Fuji Superia 400 in the Zorki 4, Rollei Retro s 400 in the Ricoh 5G, and Lomo 400 in the Smena 8m. All about half way through a roll of 36. I used the Smena for some garden photos last week ( in the brief glimpse we had of nice weather before the rain returned! )
I completely agree that 36 seems like a lot of shots to take before getting the film developed. I guess we are all used to seeing instant results a day's digital shooting.
Oh yes, forgot, next week I shall (weather permitting) load up my Olympus XA2 with Acros for some street shooting around Hereford city centre. I plan to get that roll developed asap.

Very nice! I just bought a Trip 35 myself, haven't put anything through it yet, waiting to buy a lens cover before I do. My version was made the year I was born, so a special camera :). What a cool keyboard in the background!

Saw this thread only today. Wednesday was a holiday here and I went out with the Minoltas: 7sII and Autocord. Today was a Pentax day, with the new addition, the 35mm f3.5 on the MX and the 6x7 as company. Films were: Superia 200, Lomo CN400, Delta 100 and Portra 400 in this order.

Put a roll of expired Ilford SFX 200 into the Fujifilm GS645S yesterday after finishing the Portra 400 in the P6. I don't have a suitable red filter - I'm using it as a rather special 200 ISO film (got it as part of a whole collection of rolls - it's not a film I'd buy myself).

Botched(!) a couple of shots of Polaroid Originals Colour again :rolleyes: - that film needs loads of light, it's definitely not a film for shadows and mixed light (but you *can* do beautiful highlight/spotlight stuff with it!).

M.

Botched(!) a couple of shots of Polaroid Originals Colour again :rolleyes: - that film needs loads of light, it's definitely not a film for shadows and mixed light (but you *can* do beautiful highlight/spotlight stuff with it!).

M.

I haven't shot any Polaroid since last year's trials, I had great plans to use my SX70 more often, but the price of the film and worrisome results prevents me doing so. Maybe this summer I might try again.

This week I have a roll of Kentmere 100 in the Olympus Mju II and Fuji 160n in my Fuji GA645Zi, with the wonky LCD screen, but Fuji's 120 rolls have a barcode which is great, the camera set it to 160. I like this camera and should use it more often.

Back