what are these blobs in my photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I noticed a weird blob in a photo of a piece of gear I was selling and thought not much of it..... just figured it was some weird anomaly.... That blob on the lens.

20710907835_1cf3cfcaa8_b.jpg
P1040575
by Luke, on Flickr

But then today I'm photographing a bunch of records to sell on eBay and I notice more of them in this shot......
20555261908_a96db43d33_b.jpg
P1040624
by Luke, on Flickr
I Know it's not dust on the sensor....at least I've never seen it look like that. So to trouble shoot, I decide to stop the aperture down. The above shot was f2.8. So I shoot the one below fully stopped down at f8.....
20743252485_0f97b28a67_b.jpg
P1040625
by Luke, on Flickr

The camera is an FZ200 that I recently bought used from KEH quite inexpensively. Could it be dust on a rear element? I know dust in a lens doesn't normally show up in a photo, but I'm thinking if it's close enough to the sensor, it might? Obviously, I can't open it up to blow it out. ANy guesses what it is I am seeing before I shoot them an email.

And here's something interesting. I just tried a few more things to see what's up. I took a few more photos and the blobs were gone. Then I returned to the area I was shooting the records and they returned. I cleaned the front element and tried again...still there. Then I noticed the angle of light.....

a shot of the couch with blobs......
20734295362_23133e32c8_b.jpg
P1040631
by Luke, on Flickr

Now I raise my hand to block the sun (no blobs)......
20122659343_e2db00c39f_b.jpg
P1040632
by Luke, on Flickr

Now there is NO dust on the front of the lens, but possibly inside the front element...or maybe further back in on the next element? This should not be "expected", right?

Definitely not expected. I'd send back to KEH :(.

I was up against the 14 day return window and just got off the phone with them. The guy was very understanding and apologetic. They have me covered including return shipping. They offered to exchange it, return it or repair/clean it. I decided to just do the return. I didn't really need another camera anyway.....it was just so cheap. I thought it could fill a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back