Fuji Wet weekend in Saigon

Spode

Veteran
Last weekend, the family and took a short flight to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Wet, urban sprawl, insane traffic ... but great food and street photography! The Fuji X70 performed admirably. A few sample pics below:

DSCF3943.jpg
DSCF3995.jpg
DSCF3953-Edit.jpg
DSCF4009-Edit.jpg
DSCF3984.jpg

More here: A wet weekend in Saigon

French influence? In Saigon there are many shops selling baguettes, French pastries, and chocolate. I was told that the American influence was toilets, English (which is the pan-Asian common language), and a sense of historic invincibility (re: Western powers).

Last edited:
French influence? In Saigon there are many shops selling baguettes, French pastries, and chocolate. I was told that the American influence was toilets, English (which is the pan-Asian common language), and a sense of historic invincibility (re: Western powers).

I was commenting on the language on the signs. If there were photos in a business district, or other district of influence (art district, fashion district, public parks et al) that read differently, that would be interesting. I was quite surprised by the preponderance of English in the photos here.

Back