Fuji Well... the 50-140 f2.8 is on its way...

Should be delivered Tuesday. Is it a step forward or a step back? :cool:

I'm excited about the potential the lens holds as the f2.8 70-200 was a go-to lens for me in many applications back in the Canon 5D Mkii and "L" glass days. I owned 7 or 8 pieces of L glass including both of the f2.8 zooms. I sold it all when I went X-body.

So part of me is thinking, "Oh boy, here we go again with the extra vertical grip, the big, heavy f2.8 zoom, etc. on my X-T1" but the other half of me recognizes that the lens is STILL significantly smaller than the Canon (or Nikon) equivalent glass and I know how handy a bright zoom can be.

We'll see...

And while I own the 56mm f1.2 I'm VERY excited about the 90mm f2 as the 135mm f2 Canon "L" lens was my all-time-favorite for portraits... producing far better results than the canon 85mm F1.2.

And of course.... since I now own the 50-140 f2.8 I will *HAVE* to order the 16-55 f2.8 when it becomes available, right? I mean- it's a "SET" that must be kept together! LOL!

GAS is a terrible thing.

If I was a big zoom user, I might go for this lens. Certainly in the past I've had the Nikon "equivalent" and I agree it is attractive but for me Fuji is more about the primes*, so the 90 is my next target when it comes out, to go with my X-Pro2.

*says the man with 18-55, 18-135 and 55-200 lenses... :rolleyes:

I just never want anything longer than an 85. Or, so rarely that it approaches "never." I don't do sports (yet, daughter is 5 so we'll see), don't do birds, ... what else do people do with lengths beyond "portrait?"

Sometimes I just walk around with the 40-150 set to 125 or so. It's a different perspective, even for street shots. Not a planned thing as much as an experiment.

On announcement I've said, this would be my next lens for the X-E's. But now I've had skipped the 56mm and would say that I don't feel an urgent necessity to own the 50-140mm.
At the moment (despite the fact that I own both first XF zooms and 14mm, 35mm, 60mm) I'm very happy with manual lenses and the last one was a very cheap Canon FD 135mm/2.5 S.C.
On the X-E2 I hadn't testet it, but on a bigger sensor it is sharp at 2.5.

Nevertheless good luck and fun with the new zoom (and perhaps they'd deliver a few sherpas to carry it on a tour :) )

Back