We Heart It

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
Someone mentioned this website in the thread about flickr alternatives. I jokingly signed up for it since it appears to be for girly girls. After looking around a little bit, they ask you to "heart" 4 photos. So I picked a couple subversive photos and hearted them. Then they wanted to show me how easy it get more images up on the website. So it gave me the option of uploading photos from my computer or adding photos from a website. I'm at work, so I figured I'd try adding from a website hoping it would prompt me for information about what photo site I was signed up and show me how to move them.

That's not what happened. They had me download an extension to my browser that adds a little heart icon in my browser window. It's simple....whenever you're on a website and you find an imgae you like, just click the heart and it will load it up into your "we heart it" stream (or whatever their terminology is for that). So you click the heart symbol on your browser and it shows you every photo on the webpage, then you just click the ones you like and whoooooosh! Instantly in your little "we heart it" cue. Kinda seems like they're enabling wholesale image theft.

I'm starting to wonder if this is where all those "Unknown referrer" stats I get on Flickr now are from (the one's that now outnumber everything else)

[blimey that was a dog's breakfast of a sentence]

Actually, Luke, I've just realised why you don' t feel you fit in at We ♥ It : You haven't got really thin legs and really dark eye-makeup ... well not in work hours anyway I suppose?

Back