Fuji Voigtlander Nokton 35/1.4 SC

'Had a recent gas attack after my wife asked me what camera I had used for a certain photograph framed up in our living room area. "The R-D1", was my reply. "You should get another one, it has a filmy look", was her reply, (paraphrased a bit). Although the R-D1s I bought is super clean, somewhat expectedly it's with Stephen Gandy right now getting a rangefinder alignment.
Not still owning any manual focus M-mount lenses left from my R-D1 and M8 time sent me shopping. (A related gas attack. ;-)) I picked up a Nokton 35/1.4 and decided on the single coat version. (Purchased from Stephen Gandy at CamerQuest.) 'Geezum, what a nice lens!
So, I put it on an inexpensive Fotasy M-Mount to Fuji X mount adapter and went for a short "photo safari".
Liking what I see but really pining for it going on the R-D1s I bought all 6 megapixels and all.
X-E2, Voigtlander Nokton 35.1.4, ISO320, JPEG processed in LRCC.
. . David
Barn (1 of 1).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Matero,
'Hope yours arrives before your vacation. I really enjoy mine. Very sharp and interesting bokeh. What camera body will yours be used with? I've been using mine with my X-E2 and CL.
'Looking forward to seeing your images.
. . . David

What camera body will yours be used with?

David, thanks. I’ll use it with X-T1. I have used legacy manual focus lenses with Oly E-P5 and that was great fun. But my wife has ‘adopted’ Olympus gear now and I stick with my Fuji. And X-T1 is even better for legacy lenses, I think.

I’m really looking forward to get my hands on Nokton. I had 25/0.95 MFT for Olympus and really liked the build quality and character of that lens. However it was a bit too much for the E-P5. Nokton VM 35/1.4 is totally opposite, very small for X-T1. Long wait :)

Matero

O-ou, I had to cancel my order for Nokton 35 1.4. Delivery was too long.

Luckily I found excellent (I believe) pre-owned Voigtländer 35mm F 1,2 Nokton II. I chose that instead, should be in my hands within two days. What I’ve read the reviews, I won’t be disappointed with the image quality. Different character of course and versatility. But compared to the XF 23 1.4 I used yesterday, lens size shouldn’t be a problem :)

Back