Visiting Australia - Melbourne, Grampians, Tasmania, Sydney

I don't know if you knew when you photographed it, but this is a King Billy Pine (Athrotaxis selaginoides) - quite rare and only found in alpine rainforests in the west of Tasmania. They can grow to around 1500 years old (this one is probably 7-800yrs)!

No, I did not know that. We are still trying to identify various birds, plants, and trees. So your help is very much appreciated. Thank you! There is such a variety of trees! It's amazing.

looks like you followed in my footsteps.......and I will be following in yours again next year. Our 3rd visit to Aus'.

I know exactly where you were standing for some of the shots and seeing someone else's perspective does bring back some great memories. I could not stop shooting the Opera House nor the Bridge......dusk, dawn, midday, afternoon....made no difference. I feel homesick for Sydney despite never having lived there.

You are right re Melbourne....laid back San Francisco vibe I'd say. Sydney has the New York vibe in my humble opinion.

Very nice set of shots and you do yourself a disservice by talking them down. Don't know how many shots you came away with.....but I had thousands! Well, I was there for 2 months last time.

Nice set, thanks for posting them.

Thanks, Pete! I always value your opinion highly.

Did you also visit Tasmania? If not, I can highly recommend it, also for wine-scapes.

Thanks, Pete! I always value your opinion highly.

Did you also visit Tasmania? If not, I can highly recommend it, also for wine-scapes.

Never been to Tasi'. Might try some time.....but 2 months is pretty booked solid with relatives in Darwin, Melbourne, Ballina, a eek in Sydney and a couple of week with good friends in New Zealand (Queenstown)

Back