Leica Vintage Leica Images

L2131210.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Leica II, pre-war 90mm f/4 Elmar and some Superpan 200.
I took this about 2 years ago at a Dickins Festival.

nice shot--who needs modern equipment?!

leicas whole 90/4 line are fully underappreciated. look at that beautiful bokeh! and the entire subject is in focus. eat your heart out f2! ):

In that case I'll post a bit more. :)

80021bd7bab072cca9052505b6bd6328.jpg

Leica IIIc, 135mm f/4.5 Hektor and Rollei RPX 400
Fort IJmuiden, earlier this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
26A_1085.jpg
A local scene in Cornwall, UK with my 1932 Leica 11 and 5cm f3.5 Elmar. Both fully serviced by Malcolm Taylor in Hereford, (with a perfect front element fitted to the Elmar as the original had marks.)
Ilford 400 I think.

The 1932 Leica 11 from its serial number was made around spring of 1932, the same time as my father was born. The outside was left completely alone but the camera and lens were fully serviced by Malcolm Taylor.
I admire 'perfect' specimens and even the repainted ones, but there is something about this one with its signs of long use. The lens hood is a British make that engages the aperture control, quite useful.
The case which is the correct type for the early Leica 11 may well be an original. It could do with re-stitching but I have not found anyone locally who does that sort of fine leather work.
The camera can still make sharp contrasty photos......
10A_1069.jpg

I usually stick with a lens hood. Even if it doesn't protect against flare, it does protect your curtains a bit (That and stopping down and turning away from infinity).

OT150816.jpg

Leica IIIc "K", 50mm f/2 Summitar, Fomapan 100 film.

I usually stick with a lens hood. Even if it doesn't protect against flare, it does protect your curtains a bit (That and stopping down and turning away from infinity).

Rick- don't forget that the curtains sit in front of the image plane, so moving the lens towards close focus will sharpen the image as formed on the curtains. I suspect you know by how far the curtains sit in front of the film plane.

And- Great shot of the M4 in action. These days- I just see them sitting in museums.

The number of running M4 Mediums is steadily growing in the re-enactment business on this side of the pond. I know some of the guys whose Shermans were used in "Fury".
The one in the photo is currently in revision, getting a freshly restored transmission as I recall.
I'm jealous of these guys having the workspace, tools, knowledge, the money and the time for such big projects.

d9326d0c50c7dba33b43d6309cef0899.jpg

Leica IIIc, Summitar 50mm f/2, expired film.
Operation Amherst 2014

Back