Samsung Using ILC with strobes??

Darren

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to use wireless flash triggers on their NX system, or any other ILC for that matter? Seems I may have discovered where an ILC may be lacking as compared to a dSLR. I just received the flash triggers from Yongnuo today and thought I would give them a try. They do their job fine but I then discovered that, for example, I wanted to use the camera in manual mode with a manual lens but the display only shows what would be recorded without the flash going off. Hmm, no way to see to focus with these ILC's that I own (NX1000 and NX100) so this is not (easily) possible(?!).

I can't seem to find any way to set the display to show the scene so that I can adjust focus etc then set it self the way I have told it to do once the shutter is pressed other than to manually adjust the shutter to see the scene then manually adjust the shutter again for the appropriate exposure based on the strobe.

Does anyone know how to set either the NX100 or NX1000 to be used in this manner?

Thanks
Darren

You set you display to simply be on and not show the relative exposure. I have used an E-P1 with wireless flash triggers. Your camera manual should have the answer.

Back