upgrading Adobe question

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
Hey all,
I need to upgrade to a new version of Photoshop Elements so it will open RAW files from a camera that is not supported by my old version. I use a lot of the NIK software products through the Photoshop Elements (much like many of you I assume do with Lightroom). Do you know if they will automatically be found by the new Elements? Are there any tips or tricks I should be aware of before I upgrade?

If its just an upgrade of the existing installation you shouldnt need to do much, but if its a completely new install, I think you'll need to reinstall NIK or at least point the new elements at its location. Photoshop has a setting in preferences/options/whatever which lets you point it to additional plugin locations. does Elements do that?

I think it'll be a new install. I'll be going from Elements 10 to Elements 12. I'll poke around Adobe's website and see if I can find more info.I won't consider it an upgrade if I lose my ability to use the NIK software.

well the big thing for me is that 10 doesn't offer RAW support for my camera. But there have been a few improvements, notably a better "content-aware".

I just found out that Elements programs operate indepently of each other so I can try a 30 day trial without losing my Elements 10, so I'll just download the trial and see if it does what want. I'll let you know what other improvements there are as well, Bill.

Let us know Luke. I have 10 as well and no raw though I generally open in LR first and once I do that I can flip flop images to Nik or PSE.

Back