Sony Unable to set Flash Off or Flash Auto on RX100 III

aabeck

I am unable to set Auto or Off for the flash in P, A, S or M mode. These are greyed out choices and I receive the message "This operation or setting not available as follows ...Shoot Mode Program Auto" when set in P mode for example. It seems to me that the setting was available in the past. Any ideas?

I am unable to set Auto or Off for the flash in P, A, S or M mode. These are greyed out choices and I receive the message "This operation or setting not available as follows ...Shoot Mode Program Auto" when set in P mode for example. It seems to me that the setting was available in the past. Any ideas?
I have found an on line manual which details most of the camera functions. This manual was not received with the camera which came with a simple icon lexicon only. It appears that the menu was a hangover from the Mk I and Mk II model which had auto pop up flash. I have no idea why a firmware update would not remove the greyed out choices for Auto or Off which are now controlled manually by popping up the flash or not.

Back