Trees by Fading Light

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
A shot I took on the way home that I messed up -- then did something with.

I did it on the X100 and accidently left the color cranked in Velvia mode ending up with an incredibly lurid interpretation. I decided to run it through the Topaz Adjust plug-in which I almost never use -- after de-energizing it a bit in Lightroom first -- and got this from it. It's a case of making lemonade out of lemons, lol.

9504798599_c7defbfbe8_b.jpg

Trees by Fading Light by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

it's weird, but I like it. The colors remind of what it's like right before a tornado moves in. Do you get those out east? The skies (and actually the light all around) is a weird greenish yellow. Next time we get those conditions....I may snap off a few shots before I haul the dogs and cats into the basement with me.

it's weird, but I like it. The colors remind of what it's like right before a tornado moves in. Do you get those out east? The skies (and actually the light all around) is a weird greenish yellow. Next time we get those conditions....I may snap off a few shots before I haul the dogs and cats into the basement with me.

Tornadoes, fortunately, are rare here. But we get those kinds of skies around severe thunderstorm activity from time to time but that's not what's happening here.

In fact, even though it was a low sun angle, the presentation here has been darkened to dramatic effect and the apparent brightness at the scene was higher.

By all means rescue the pets! They will resent being carried away because you were carried away taking photos, lol.

Yup.....that's it......it's very cool. Darkened skies, but still light on the ground. It's quite a bit like a storm overhead, but there's still light streaking in from a low angle as the sun sets (or something like that).

Turning day into night is always cool. One of my fave moments from one of my fave Bond films (and easily my fave John Barry track......fuzz electric bass and those trombones!) is the Ski Chase from "On Her Majesty's Secret Service". They wanted the ski chase to be at night, but for logistical reasons they shot it during the day and use some ND filters to make it look like night. Man, special effects have come a long way.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lrkerh77MYY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting indeed. We get tornados quite a bit here. If a strom comes in late and the sun is just right, a bluish green cast is reflected down from the clouds.

Interesting! I like how you chose to run it through topaz rather than just dump it. Nice final image! It has a haunting quality to it that I enjoy.

Back