Totin' the Tair 135/2.8 11A Around (15 Images!!!)

480sparky

Regular
Name
Ken
Spent an hour or so walking around my hometown this afternoon shooting just with the Tair 11A 135/2.8 since I obtained the 'correct' F adapter that allows me to focus to infinity.

I wanted to spend some time with this lens to take 'er out for a test drive and see what she can do. Dam.... I was impressed. Especially considering this is a clunky 31-year-old Soviet hunk of glass. She may not look like much, but she sure can deliver!

Keerns_1261%20post.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

La%20Fayette_1262%20post.jpg

Headstone%20Detail_1276%20post.jpg

A%20Brother%20is%20Buried%20Here_1280%20post.jpg

Dallas%20County%20Courthouse%20Clock%20Tower_1386%20post.jpg

Me%20and%20My%20Shadow_1267%20post.jpg

Pull_1302%20post.jpg

Shadows_1307%20post.jpg

Fire%20Excape%20%20No%204_1312%20post.jpg

Window%20with%20Canopy_1320%20post.jpg

Arch%20with%20Bricks_1337%20post.jpg

Midday%20Shadows_1350%20post.jpg

Warped%20Fence_1370%20post.jpg

Pulley_1373%20post.jpg

4%20Windmills_1400%20post.jpg

It has a bit of pincushioning, but that's normal for a tele of this length. And nothing that can't be corrected (which has been done in a few of these images where it shows, like 'Pull'). All of these shots were at f/8 (although EXIF says 2.8, but it's a preset lens so the camera is clueless as to actual aperture).

I was interested in sharpness, color rendition, distortion, but I'm just lovin' that bokeh! I can't wait to do some portraiture with it.

this could be a fun lens to play with until zeiss caves into my demands for a 135/1.8FE
tips on looking for one?

this could be a fun lens to play with until zeiss caves into my demands for a 135/1.8FE..........

I'd love a basic 135/2.8 AF-D Nikkor, but Nikon doesn't even know I exist, let alone take counsel from me.

.............tips on looking for one?

They're plentiful on the Bay, but the vast majority of them listed are in old Soviet bloc countries. So who knows about the veracity of the sellers, as well as any import duties, taxes, fees etc.

There is one currently listed that's in the US (disclaimer: I am not associated with said listing, nor am I being paid to plug it). US sellers of this lens aren't all that common, so let's say one should strike while the iron is hot.

The adapter I got did come from Ukraine, but it was only $14 shipped. So that wouldn't have been the end of the world if it got lost or I got ripped off.

Back