Micro 4/3 Throwback kit

JKLso

Regular
Name
jim
I've migrated slowly (and not completely) from Pentax gear to an EM10 and ePL5 plus basic (excellent!) kit lenses. Rather than spend more on the Pentax gear I found a nice (Ex-) E500 and the bizarre kit team of 11-22 and 18-180mm, plus the 35 macro. I almost bought an E500 back in 2008 and have always wondered what I missed; guess I shall find out! We'll see if the lenses justify a micro4:3 adapter, the 35 at least will make a good case.

You could be on your way to redefining the ultimate two/three lens set up.
Best of luck. I got the 2300 and later the 31st, so could never quite justify the e500.
Like you though,I always wondered...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Since my 1st note I also picked up a Sigma 55-200, which is longer and faster than the 18-180. Focus is dreadful on the m43 gear, expected but disappointing. The 35 macro is nice even in MF though :)

I still keep an E-520 with a replacement split-image and microprism screen as my basic stabilized digital back for use with legacy film SLR glass. It's much more ergonomically balanced for that task than the Micro 4/3 bodies are, although I wish the sensor were better in low light.

I just grabbed an E-620 body for a ridiculous price on the'bay, ($63 all in because the seller lacked a battery and charger to test it, so he listed it as a parts camera) BTW, the body was pristine so I took a shot at it, and it works fine. I'm actually going to gift it to my GF, along with a couple of my old 4/3 lenses, because she's wanting a DSLR to learn digital before making a major investment in a digital system.

Back