Olympus Thoughts on the Olympus XZ-10?

Biro

Hall of Famer
Name
Steve
I noticed that the going price for the Olympus XZ-10 is $199 these days. This camera is essentially an Olympus XZ-2 without the hot shoe and larger grip... and a 1/2.3" sensor in place of the 1/1.7" sensor. Still, the controls, handling and fast lens are all there. I'm sure the sensor size crippled this camera in the minds of many enthusiasts. But the few images I've seen from it on the web seem pretty nice. I don't need this camera - I have the Fuji XF1 - but I do find it a bit interesting and wonder if I should be recommending it to others. Does anyone here have any experience and/or thoughts on the Olympus XZ-10?

I was looking at it 1 month ago (online reviews of course) and end it up w/ XF1 due to the size of the sensor. As you said, it is a good camera esp the lens speed, but at the end some reviews were talking about ok IQ due to smallness of the sensor and I was looking for better higher ISO...

The XF1 is $199 at Amazon. My wife had the XZ-1 and so I have some idea what the XZ10 would be like given the smaller sensor. I'd get the XF1. It's a really nice camera.

I just grabbed an XZ-10 on the Olympus Spring Refurb sale. All in for $138 including tax and shipping. I realize that it's got a small sensor - but it has a fast lens too, and that price was just too hard to pass up. It arrived today.

Doug, congratulations and good luck with the XZ-10. I still think it's a pretty cool camera and the price you got in the Olympus refurb sale can't be beat. I suspect you'll be more than happy with it as a second camera. But if you ever decide you want more in the same size package, the XF1 is a great deal at $199.

Doug, congratulations and good luck with the XZ-10. I still think it's a pretty cool camera and the price you got in the Olympus refurb sale can't be beat. I suspect you'll be more than happy with it as a second camera. But if you ever decide you want more in the same size package, the XF1 is a great deal at $199.

More like my 4th or 5th camera. And as I mentioned in the other thread, one factor particular to MY use of the camera is my familiarity with Olympus' menu structure and controls, which is important for a camera that I'll be using as a change of pace from mainly an Olympus E-PL5. Were it my main camera, and were I paying the $199 price rather than $128+ tax, I could see the superiority of the Fuji XF1. I had given that camera some serious consideration earlier when Amazon made it their $179 deal of the week a few months back.

BTW, there's a vendor currently selling open box Fuji XF1s for $159.98

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fujifilm-X-...180868?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item258bea57c4

Back